Chapter 2

Class went smoothly, just like Tori's words to Hannah.

This school year felt like any other year: boring, bland, and repetitive. I'm actually thankful I have Tori with me, at least she's none of those three things.

"Oh my god did you notice her blush!?" She skipped happily through the hall, like a 7th grader that just got her first kiss.

We were walking out of the school, on our way to the parking lot.

"Geez for the nth time, yes- it was probably because she was embarrassed for you." I said, my voice a little too serious.

My eyes went wide after realizing what I replied.

"What?" Her expression changed in a second.

"I-I didn't mean it." I panicked as I see her eyes went glassy and tears pricked through her eyes.

I extended my arm and tried to touch her but she stepped back and crossed her arms, protecting herself.

"Yeah..." She said and wiped her eyes , "you're like my sister, Elizabeth. I put up with your rants and I listen to your vents but whenever I do- whenever I ask for advice, do you listen?" She crossed her arms, "I know I came out to you just a few days ago, and you said it was fine but I can see through your actions that it's not."

I froze.

I messed up for real this time.

"All I ever wanted was for you to listen, all you did was heard me. What, just because I like girls like guys do, my feelings are invalid? Can't you see Elizabeth? I'm right here, being the best version of myself, not caring what everyone says because I knew you were there for me."

She crossed her arms and looked at the ground.

"I guess I was wrong."

"Wait- wait Tori I'm sorry I didn't mean to- I-" My chest felt tight, my brain's buzzing of words to say, things to do. But I know, one thought stuck in my head:

I wish I never said that.

"Don't come near me until you fix your issue, Our friendship doesn't have any space for toxicity."

I gasped at her own words, I felt myself get angry but before I could talk back, she was already walking away.

*

It's been a day since Tori left me and I loathed it. She's the only person I'm with almost all the time, we weren't exactly popular but we have some good friends in classes we have. I Enrolled for STEM and she took ABM which means we share some few subjects.

Today was Philosophy. Tori was sitting beside me, her attention on our professor and not even giving a chance to bat an eyelash towards me.

I'm her bestfriend, why am I being treated this harsh? It really was a joke, she's acting as if I embarrassed her in front of the whole school.

"Why the long face?" My other seat neighbor, Kristy asked. Like I said, I have good friends and She was definitely one of them.

I let out a long sigh, I must've been frowning.

"Boy problems?" Believe me, Kristy's a nice person but most of the time we talk it's about boys or drama. One's a pain in the ass and one's annoying, you can guess which is which.

"No, It's nothing" I said staring ahead, clearly not liking the conversation.

She stopped for a second and scrunched her eyebrows. She opened her mouth for her to close it again.

I rolled my eyes, "just say it."

she leaned closer while I unconsciously lean back, I never liked anyone in my personal space.

"...Girl problems?" She whispered.

My eyes went wide and I pushed my chair away from her in disbelief, unaware of how noisy the chair could be.

I heard Tori muffle a laugh but I just ignored her.

"Miss Collins, is there any problem?" Our professor's voice silenced the whole class.

Everyone turned their attention to me and I could feel my face burn from embarrassment.

"I-I uhm..." I looked at Tori. She just stared at me emotionless and pointed at my textbook, "was... Confused at- at.." I skimmed through the page.

Kinship, social groups...primary... I thought of a question that is reasonably confusing but won't make me look stupid.

"Ah- I was confused at the part of the social groups." I said, A little bit proud of myself for being quick.

"What about the social groups, Elizabeth?" She raised her eyebrow.

"If... If I compare myself or idolize one of the members of my primary group, do they consider also as one of the reference group? And sorry for disturbing your class."

Mrs. Gray gave me a smile, "ah yes, good question. You see-" She shifted her attention to the whole class and explained.

My body met the backrest of the chair and I sighed in relief.

"Good save." Kristy gave me a thumbs up.

"Thanks, now stop asking me stupid questions because I'm not in the mood." I said without looking at her.

"I know, I just wanted to tease you... But I'm here if you need me, I noticed you and Victoria aren't talking." She replied and started copying notes from the board.

"Yeah, You can call it best friend problems."

"You two just need to talk it out, communication is the key y'know?"

"I guess..." I said, not really wanting to tell her what happened.