Chapter 34

Elizabeth's P.O.V

I opened my eyes and sat up.

How did I get in this position...? I wondered. But I let the thought slip and prepared myself for school.

I wore black jeans and a simple white V-neck, exposing my collarbones. I tied my hair up and put on light make up.

"I look okay." I smile at the mirror.

Once I was finished, I opened the curtains and the sunlight peeked through.

"Sun's up..." It's probably 9am.

 I can't manage to be late for 2 consecutive days. It would be embarrassing.

The thought of people making rumors popped in my mind. Considering Chloe being fairly popular because of her personality and how she just popped in out of nowhere, it would be a pretty big deal.

Puffing my cheeks in frustration, I went out of the room. I decided to wake up Chloe until I heard sizzling.

I cautiously went down the stairs to check it if wasn't her or it was her parents.

And to my surprise, I found Chloe behind the stove with an apron on, humming lightly.

"I didn't know you can cook." I said and she flinched.

"Eek-!" The pans clashed with the other and made me flinch a little too.

"Pfft-" I laughed, "eek!" I mocked her and she looked at me with an annoyed face.

"I just did what you do to me whenever you got the chance." I said and propped my head on my hand.

"Don't come at me if your eggs taste like sewer." She pointed the spatula towards me.

I laughed at her and she looked over her shoulder, "you're laughing."

"Uhh...Yeah?" I looked at her weirdly, "Is my laugh weird?"

"No! I mean-" She grabbed my plate and slid the scrambled eggs on the side then proceeded to put two slices of toast in the middle.

"I'm just caught off guard." She said and sat on my opposite side of the table.

I shrugged off the feeling of being offended and changed the topic, "I have no idea what time it is but I do know we're late...again." I told her.

"Oh yeah, school's cancelled." she said while slicing the toast.

I took a toast by hand and took a bite. "Why?"

"Something about the electricity shutting down." she said. I observed her.

"You're weird." She looked up at me, successfully  catching her attention. "You slice your toast, you put egg on top of it and then plop it in your mouth." I said and tasted the eggs. "And the eggs are kinda salty."

"I like salty things on top." She said and then added, "-because it hits the roof of my mouth first instead of my tongue."

"Good save" I smirked. She stared at me and chuckled lightly, her cheeks becoming a light shade of pink.