Chapter 11

Chloe's P.O.V

After a few minutes of comfortable silence in the car, we stopped in the coffee shop Victoria mentioned.

It was a small shop with huge glass panes instead of the usual wall and door. There were writings on the glass but the biggest one caught my attention, it said Sunrise Roast.

Victoria opened the door for us and a bell rang. The sounds from passing cars and motorcycles were replaced by lively chatters and sweet aroma of different types of coffees instantly invaded my senses.

This place feels like heaven.

"It smells so good in here." I whisper to her.

"Wait till you taste their coffee." she smiled proudly.

After we stood in line and took our orders. We sat down on vacant seats next to a tall bookshelf, serving as the cafe's walls.

"So," she started, "what brings you here? You've been late for a week and you already have quite a crowd in school."

"Straightforward aren't we?" I teased.

"Eh I just hate small talk." She grinned and then rested her chin on her hand, a mannerism I noticed about her.

Should I tell her? She seems pretty trustworthy... I don't see any red flags but I don't think telling her the truth is necessary. She's my first friend though and I genuinely think it would be nice to have someone you can really tell things without being anxious or-

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." she said, snapping me out of my trance.

"Sorry," I smiled apologetically.

"Order for Tori!"

"That's us." She stood up and went to grab our food.

She's my first friend and I genuinely think it would be nice to have someone you can really tell things without being anxious, besides, I'm glad I met her, at least I'm—

"A grande choco cheesecake frappuccino and chocolate croissant for Chloe!" Victoria's voice once again pulled me out of my zone.

She placed our orders on our table, "And a tall cold matcha latte with an everything bagel for me."

She was looking at her food in excitement while taking pictures of it. "Hey don't feel pressured. You don't have to tell me if you're uncomfortable you know?" She said, her attention still on the food.

I took a sip of my frappe and I felt the cold pleasant chocolate drink invaded my senses. "You're right it's good."

"I'm always right." She grinned. "Don't overthink whether you're going to tell me or not by the way, I'm the one who asked after all."

"I'm telling you anyway." I took a sip of my frappe.

"Anyway," I continued, "I'm an heir of a company my family owns and they gave me the opportunity to live the way I want to because in a couple of years, I'll be taking the title."

"Woah that's some novel type of life." she said in awe and pulled out her phone.

"I guess I'm just lucky with my parents," I chuckled. "Please don't tell anyone, I want to be lowkey." I quickly added.

"You're THE Chloe Anderson??" She pushed her phone in front of me, showing a picture of me with my dad.

"I hate the internet." I sighed.

"And yeah, I'm good with secrets so don't worry." She gave me a thumbs up, "But holy shit you're fucking rich! Does that mean the rumors were real?"

"And I don't have a rare car or something, I went with the normal lambo. That shit too expensive." I rolled my eyes.

"So that means the handsome guy isn't real too?"

"Gerard? No he's real." I chuckled.

"Ooo I heard that name before. Boyfriend?" She gave me a playful look.

"I told you I'm not into guys," I said with a smile. "Plus, like I said, I already have my eyes set on someone. Just like you do." I sighed dreamily.

"Wh-"

"Who's the girl." I said quickly, not giving her the chance to ask me.

"Boooo." she joked.

"Spill."

She tsk'd but answered anyway, "Hannah." She said giddily, "she's in a class of mine. She's really sweet and beautiful and kind overall... I'm sensing that she likes me too so I'm thinking of shooting my shot."

I fake coughed. "Whipped."

"Totally," she admitted. "What about you?"

"I don't really know her much yet, she's really mysterious and not the talkative type so it really just drives me more into knowing her."

"Sounds like an introvert." she said.

"Kinda, she doesn't have any people around but earlier Kristy seems to know he-" I notice her expression harden.

"What?" I said, anxious. "You know Kristy?"

"Yes. What does she look like?"

"She was wearing a ponytail, green eyes, kissab-"

"Too much info." she gagged.

"Why do I feel like I'm being interviewed" I said, trying to lift the heavy atmosphere.

"Because you are. What's her name?" She said, her voice full of curiosity.

"Uhm... I don't really know... I heard Kristy call her Lizzie"

Her eyes widen, "...Lizzie? As in Elizabeth?"

"Her name's Elizabeth?" I said in a happy tone.

It's beautiful.

She slumped down her seat and rested her head on both of her hands.

She looked up at me with a guilty look and said, "You can't like her Chloe."

My eyebrows scrunched together, "why not?"

"She doesn't like girls." She sighed.

"Are you sure?" I questioned, a little offended. If this is from a rumor then I'm not taking it.

"Yes. she's my best friend, Chloe." she said.

"Then why aren't you two with each other? Surely you would've been inseparable."

"She doesn't like girls." she repeated.

"You don't like her like that though." I wasn't following.

"She doesn't like girls liking girls."

"What do you mean?" I said, still confused.

"She's homophobic, Chloe. I said we need to keep distance until she accepts me for who I am. I just couldn't stand her comments anymore." she looked to her side, a pained expression plastered on her face.

And suddenly, I don't really think I can like her like that anymore.

-----------------
Author's notes.

Sorry for the grammatical errors in the last chapter.

Should I tag this as a #slowburn? I feel like the story's moving too slow. Tell me if you want the pace to go faster, I'll work on it. -🌙