Chapter 9

Chloe's P.O.V.

I sat down beside the mystery girl and studied her feature. She didn't notice my presence so I spoke up.

"Whatcha reading?" I said, barely hiding my excitement.

I...might've caught her off guard because she choked on her food. I reached for the bottle beside her and she immediately took it.

Droplets of water trailed down on the side of her lips.

I gulped, refraining myself from thinking inappropriate things.

I was still staring at her lips when her cough snapped me out of my trance.

"Are you okay?" I asked worryingly.

She didn't gave me an answer, instead, she just glared at me.

I know It's normal for people to look at me but for some reason, I liked how she gave me her attention.

"Like what you see?" I smirked, trying to flirt with her.

"No. I was just staring at your face 'cause you got some dirt." She pointed at her cheek.

WHAT-

I could feel my face burn.

Is that why everyone was staring?! I mentally cringed. I can't believe I just embarrassed myself in front of this girl and I had the AUDACITY to flirt. Oh my fucking god-

My hand slid down to my pocket and pulled out my phone to look at my reflection, "You mean I've been walking around looking like-"

Nothing. There was nothing on my face.

"You- You lied!!" I shove my phone back to my pocket, my cheeks still warm.

First day and I already embarrassed myself.

She just gave me a lazy shrug and continued reading.

"And here I thought we'd be great friends." I mentioned, after all, I came here to befriend her.

Because she's ho-

Shut up.

"Who said we're going to be friends?" She said in monotone, her head still buried in her book.

I could feel my mood brighten.

So... This means I have to earn her friendship? Seems like a challenge to me.

I like it.

I moved closer, leaned to her side and pushed the book down.

"Because you looked nice!" I said in the most friendliest voice and look I could muster, although, I kinda moved my face closer too. I want to be her friend but that doesn't mean I wouldn't try pushing my luck.

I was expecting her to be flustered or nervous. I've seen most girls do it whenever I try something but she looked...a little pissed.

"Don't let looks deceived you." She said, the same bored expression on her face.

I was running out of hope. Was it a bad idea to come up to her?

"Paulo Coelho." I read the book she's placed down beside her.

That finally got her attention. She looked over her book and asked, "You know him?"

No, no I don't.

Fuck.

"...yes?"

She shook her head and looked down on me, "I hate liars."

My imagination ran wild, thinking of what would she looked like if she—