Chapter 22

Heeey this chapter is dedicated to
@fan_the_girl1869
As well as the others that kept on supporting my book
Thank you for voting! :D
-----------

Chloe's P.O.V.

"How was class, miss?" Gerard asked without removing his sight on the road.

We stopped at the café Tori took me last time and now we were on our way home but I still don't know if I made the right choice.

I noticed the folder beside me, I didn't bring it with me last time so I just left it here.

"Normal" I said as I took a sip from my drink.

"How's work? Did dad gave you a hard time?"

"Quite the opposite, really." He chuckled. "Being an assistant isn't so bad once you get a hold of it."

"So you're not going to college?" I picked up the folder and re-read the contents.

"No. After I save enough money mom and I will head out, plus my job's really nice."

"You know you can always stay with us." I assured him.It's true, when it comes to people in the house, space isn't a problem. In fact, I'd love it if there were other people besides me and my parents so Gerard and his mom was more of a favor to us than to them.

"Your family has done too much. At this point I can even move out."

"Don't leave us too soon." I joked and we laughed.

Wait.

I looked at the folder in front of me and realized something.

"There's a second page?" I said, frantically putting the first page up so I could read it.

"Yes? that's why I asked if you're sure about the raise." He replied, "He's an alcoholic."

And a history of gambling.

The second page was filled with his history, addictions, and company sanctions.

I'm wrong, I'm so wrong.

"Are you alri-" His reply was disturbed when my phone rang.

I took it out and looked at the caller ID.

Elizabeth

I smile at the name but what would be the reason to call at this time? We just saw each other earlier.

"Hello?"

I could hear ragged breathing and I looked at my phone again before bringing it back up to my ear, I had to check if it was the right call.

"-ELP D-DAD'S CHASE- CHASING ME PLEASE."

My heartbeat skyrocketed.

"Where are you!?" I asked frantically, not caring at Gerard's side glance.

"I-I DON'T F-FUCKING KNOW." Her voice shook.