Chapter 14

Chloe's P.O.V.

"We're doing it."

"You'll just get embarrassed I'm telling you." Tori sighed.

The bell rang and we were walking to the cafeteria to buy drinks, Tori said she wanted something sweet.

"Bet." I smirked, "oh by the way don't you have friends to eat with?"

"I'll let them know later. We're not really that close and... I kinda wanna see her too." She muttered.

"You're both going to be okay, I promise." I comforted her, noticing her bummed out mood.

"Yeah but what if she shuts me out? Is she even in the cafeteria?" She asked, looking around the room.

"Oh first time I saw her she was sitting outside under a tree."

"Thank you, let's check later."

"No worries and look you brought cookies!" I shook the bag in front of her, "She'll be apologizing to you in no time."

"Yeah..." she chuckled, "she's the one that bakes but I hope she'll like this, it's her recipe after all." she smiled sadly.

"Hey look," I tilted my head to the left. Elizabeth was sitting under a tree, the same one I found her sitting on yesterday.

As much as I changed my thoughts about her, I can't really deny that she's breathtakingly beautif-

Oh god, shut the fuck up.

Elizabeth looked at our direction and suddenly stood up and walked towards us. Fast.

"We need to talk." she said sternly.

"Okay...?" We replied simultaneously.

She dragged us to the tree and we took a seat. After a 5 second staring challenge she broke the silence.

"Look I..." She ran her hand through her hair, "I'm sorry."

Victoria gasped and opened her mouth to speak.

"Let me finish." She said and we nodded.

"I don't want to do this anymore. This..." She pointed to herself and then to us, "ignoring shit we're doing. I admit I'm at fault. As of now I can't still really understand why and how but I'm willing to listen. You're right, I should've listened to you more." She exhaled loudly.

Tori looked like she was about to cry, "thank you. I love you so much right now." She leaned in for a hug.

Elizabeth hesitated but hugged her nonetheless.

"Ew physical affection." I heard her mumble.

Victoria laughed and pulled away.

I smile to myself, feeling like a proud Mom.

"Anyway, don't cry yet because I have something to tell you."

Elizabeth's P.O.V

I watch as their expressions turn 180.

I pulled out my phone and handed them my airpods.

"What's this?" Chloe asked.

"Just listen."

I saw her face getting paler and paler as every second pass.

Tori looked shocked as she was but she placed her hand on her mouth as the last minutes came.

They gave me back the airpods quietly.

"Those bitches." Tori spoke first, her fists clenched.

"My dad can't know, as well as Gerard." Chloe said, looking pale and anxious.

Gerard? Probably her boyfriend.

"I'll just send this to the office. I just wanted to let you both know."

"They'll contact our parents." Chloe said.

"It's for the best" Tori said to her and held her hand.

"You're right..." She agreed.

I could feel heat going through my heart. I feel jealous again.

I tried masking it but Tori still noticed.

"You know no one's better than you." She chuckled, "and look hey I made cookies!" She pulled a zip lock from her bag.

I picked one and took a bite.

It tasted heavenly. The edges were crunchy while the middle was soft and the dark chocolate melts in your mouth.

"Tastes like shit." I said, still chewing.

"I appreciate the compliment." she rolled her eyes but still smiled.

I look at smaller girl beside her and watch as she break the cookie in half and put one in her mouth.

"This ish sho goof." She said while chewing.

"Swallow first, damn and you got something on the corner of your lips." I pointed out.

She nodded and licked it clean.

I- what the fuck?

I've had experiences before but I never looked at a girl in a different way.

"I need water." I told them and drank immediately.

Water spilled beside my mouth. I looked over and saw Chloe staring at me.

I put the bottle down and wiped my lips, "Geez I know I drink fast don't need to silently point it out."

"I-I wasn't..." She looked at the ground and Tori laughed at her.

"What?" I asked Tori, confused.

"Are you two friends now?"

"No. I still hate her." I said.

Chloe snapped her head upwards and looked at me in shock.

"N-not like hate hate..." I corrected myself, hating the hot feeling of embarrassment on my cheeks.

"So we're friends?" She asked hopefully.

"No."

She tilted her head a little, "then what?"

"Acquaintances." I deadpanned.

"Eh I'll take it." she shrugged and then took another cookie from the ziplock bag.

"What happens now?" Tori asked me.

"For starters, stay away from those girls." I told her to which she nodded. I lifted my index finger and pointed it to Chloe.

"You stay with us." I notice her smile in an instant.

"Don't get me wrong. You can leave anytime but we don't know who those girls are friends with. They're pretty popular from what we heard through the phone." she just nodded.

Lunch ended. We stood up and dusted ourselves.

"We're skipping class, I don't want this thing to get chaotic so we should take care of that first." They both agreed with me and we headed to the office.

Three knocks and then open the door, "Yes Miss Collins?"

I went inside first and told the principal what happened. He seemed to take it lightly until the two of them entered.

"We have a voice record if you're curious." Chloe spoke up.

The principal straightened his posture and fixed his things.

...is he nervous?

I looked at Chloe and she shrugged. We played the audio to him and after that he took us more seriously.

"I'm sorry about this, Miss Anderson, Miss Paige. I'll let your parents know immediately."

They agreed and we were sent out.

"Subjects?" Chloe asked.

"General Mathematics." we both said.

"I have the same." She said happily.

"Alright." I gave her a small smile, "let's go?"