Chapter 10

Chloe's P.O.V

We got in the class 15 minutes ago still no sign of the professor.

"The door's going to burn at this point." Kristy's voice made me turn towards her.

"What?"

"You've been staring at it for a while." She smiled while putting her things away.

"It's been 15 minutes." I complained.

"I know right." She rolled her eyes.

Another couple of minutes passed but it felt like a lifetime.

"Wanna play game?" She said, filling up the silence with her voice.

I pulled out my phone, "What games do you play?"

"Oh no no," She waved her hands and shook her hand, "just word games, prof might come in suddenly."

"Oh right," I put my phone back, embarrassed. "Sorry."

"It's okay." She smiled sheepishly, "It's a random game just to kill time."

"Sure." I smiled back. "What's the game?"

"Just a word game. I say a word and then you say the first thing that comes in your head."

I shrugged, "sure, you start."

"Apple."

"Adam." I said.

"Sandler."

"Movi—"

"—date." She said, not even letting me finish.

"You said that way too quickly," I chuckled.

"Thoughts came in fast." She winked.

This continued on for a few more minutes until eventually we got bored of it.

I checked my watch, "it's been 25 minutes."

She opened her mouth to talk but I already said, "I'm going to the bathroom."

She leaned on her seat and just gave me a nod.

"Were you about to say something?" I asked.

"No it's nothing." She said, her voice somewhat disappointed. "You can go."

"Alright," I stood up and went to the bathroom. After doing my business, I went to the sink and started washing my hands.

I heard one of the cubicle's door creek open, "Chloe!" Someone called, startling me.

I looked up the mirror to see their reflection.

"Oh Victoria," I sighed in relief.

"Shit, sorry." She chuckled.

She walked to the sink next to mine and turned on the faucet, "how's class going so far?"

"Prof's late for almost half an hour." I complained.

"Oh same, except mine's absent so it became vacant."

I couldn't think of reply so I just let out an, "oh."

"Well, since we basically have no class..." She turned towards me with a mischievous glint in her eyes, "wanna bail?"

"It's my first day and you're already asking me to skip? That's not very nice." I nudged her and laughed lightly.

"I'm kidding, we're not bailing." She giggled, "we're legally allowed go home now since both of our professors are out and this is our last subject so..." She trailed off, getting some tissue and wiping her hands with it.

My mouth formed a little 'o' with the new information.

"Wanna get coffee somewhere?" She offered and then pulled out her phone, "I know a good cafe just a few minutes away."

I playfully gasped, "are you asking me out?"

"How'd you know?" She said, going along with the joke. "I'm kidding, I have my eyes set on someone," she winked.

"So have I." I smiled.

"I'm sorry Chloe but I'm gonna have to reject you." She feigned guilt, shaking her head no.

I rolled my eyes, "shut up Victoria. You better spill who your girl is." I laughed softly.

"If you tell me yours," she raised her eyebrows playfully.

"Let's talk in the coffee shop then."

I looked at my wristwatch and checked the time.

4:25pm.

"Sure!" I agreed and I watch her face lit up, "I'll just let my dad know."

She nodded and pulled my own phone out, calling my dad.

"Hey honey!"

"Hi dad. I'm going home later than usual, is that okay?"

"It's fine sweetie, I'll message Gerard to pick you up right now."

"Wait no dad!" I said a little loud. Victoria looked at me as if asking if I was okay.

I gave her a thumbs up.

"Is something wrong?"

"N-no dad..." I sighed, "A friend just asked me if I wanted to get coffee and... I don't want anyone picking me up."

"Then better tell him, he's probably somewhere near your location."

I groaned, "okay, thanks Dad."

"Love you sweetie, stay safe."

"Love you too Dad." I hang up.

"Let's go?" I said to Victoria.

"My car's on the parking lot" she replied.

"Sure, you won't mind if I make another call though? I just need to talk to someone real quick."

She nodded and we walked out of the school.

"Hey Gerard." I said and instantly, Victoria's eyes were on me.

I shoo'd her away and she just answered me with a smirk.

"Yes, miss?"

"Don't pick me up, I'm going somewhere."

"Is Mr. Anderson okay with this?"

"Yes, I called him first and he said it was fine. I don't want to be picked up so I called you."

"Okay miss, just message whenever you need help."

"Thanks, don't follow me please." I hang up, not waiting for him to reply.

"Gerard huh." She teased and unlocked her car.

"He's just a friend."

"I didn't know friends pick up friends in school" she said, still teasing.

"Ugh, just drive please." I jokingly pushed her.

"Yes boss." she chuckled.