Chapter 89: Tori's Confession

"So?"

Tori looked at us with a raised eyebrow, I had to stop myself from laughing because I was reminded of that one the rock meme.

"Chloe, we can literally see you trying to swallow your laugh, what's so funny?"

"She's obviously embarrassed, Tori. Give her a break."

I thank the lord heavens for how oblivious my girlfriend is sometimes.

"I'm sorry..." I breathe out, "I have my reasons okay!"

Liz and I were in front of each other, sitting criss-cross apple sauce style in my bed when Tori walked in the door with food and drinks. 

We're still at our place, except now we're facing Tori. 

I feel a bit guilty for accusing her but I'm just scared to lose my girlfriend.

"And those reasons are?" Tori walked to my study table to put down those sweet sweet cinnamon buns my nose sensed when she walked into my room and my cold caramel frappe that I really really want to take a sip right now.

It looked like she had my drink put in extra whipped cream because I could see the peak pushed on top of the plastic cover.

"I call dibs on the cinnamon," Liz whispered and my jaw dropped.

I'm craving for that but if Liz wants it...

"Okay..." I nodded, sadly sighing afterward.

"I swear to the lord and savior Jesus H. Christ you two are like pre-schoolers when together," Tori facepalmed before pulling my study chair and sitting down, "It's big enough to share, I bought more than that so it'll be enough for us— didn't you two just got home from McDonald's?"

We both just shrugged with smiles on our faces. 

"I'm sorry. " I sent her an apologetic look, "It's just that you kept asking me before in chats when she'll be free and then you showed up in the house out of nowhere... Especially when it's almost close to midnight, it worried me I guess..."

She looked at me sadly before walking toward me and giving me a hug, "I'm sorry Chloe."

I reciprocated before she pulled away and sat close to us; now on the edge of my bed. 

"You also acted strange when we went out last time," Liz asked, "Did something happen?"

She leaned to her side, sighing once again, "It's about Hannah. To make everything clear, I don't like anyone in this room."

"Got it," I said, giving her a thumbs up. 

Although it felt like an actual relief to me, I don't know what I'd do if Tori liked Liz.

I set aside my thoughts about us and focused on Tori's situation, "What about Hannah?"

"Ah her..." She paused and got our food, "it's better to have something sweet, I'm like- hella stressed right now."

Finally, my extra whipped cream caramel f-

"You get the other one, this one's mine." Tori happily picked up the cup and stirred it with her straw.

Is this what I get for jumping to conclusions...

"Baby that's my drink—" Liz picked up my chocolate frappe and took a sip before removing the lid.

"I know." She said and I looked at her in confusion.

Liz took off her own cup's lid and I felt my heart melt with what she just did.

With our straws, she carefully picked up some of her own whipped cream and putting it on top of mine.

I can't imagine her not being with me. Just the thought of it hurts me already.

She passed me my cold drink with a smile, "Here you go baby, I wish we could swap but you know it's me and my salted caramel frappe against the world."

Tori stiffled a laugh, "so dramatic."

"I like what I like, okay?" Liz rolled her eyes. "Thanks for these by the way."

I looked down at my cup. The once perfect twirl of whipped cream is now twice the size, but smushed together, some of it mixing with the chocolate liquid under.

Liz's question pulled me out of my thoughts.

"So, what's up with Hannah?"

"Yeah." I nodded, wanting to know the answer too.

"I don't know guys, it's like somethings happening between us but I'm not sure what it is." Tori confessed.

I did a quick glance at Liz and she had her eyes on Tori, full of worry.

It was understandable, even I was worried. Tori loves Hannah, it was pretty much evident since from the start and they looked happy together.

"Something's happening?" I asked, "Like?"

"Usually we have Friday date nights but she left me hanging twice now. " She said, the last words coming out as a mutter.

"It's almost finals," Liz shrugged, "Do you think she's busy with studying?"

"No Eli, it's..." Tori took a deep breath, "I think she's cheating."

"Wait— let's not jump into conclusions, Tori." I defended, "This is Hannah! She has her eyes on you!"

I was hoping she'd agree with me but she shook her head, "it's not school, she's been going to places with a different friend group, I don't know who they are but they're together almost 24/7."

"Hey at least it's a group right?" Liz assured her, "right Chlo?"

She looked at me and I nodded profusely, "Yeah!"

"It's a group of three: Two guys and a girl."

Oh.

"Oh." Liz replied, "Did you talk to her about it?"

What she said made me smile a little, it's entirely different from what Liz would do before.

She makes me proud every single time.

"She said they're just friends but my gut tells me otherwise."

"Do you have any idea what to do about it?" I asked, whatever Tori decides to do, I know both me and Liz supports it.

"Not really." Tori's breaths slowly started to go deeper and her head casted down low, I knew she was close to crying. "That's why I wanted to talk to talk to Eli because Hannah said I should spend time with my sister... It was all so frustrating."

Tori buried her face in the palm of her hands, sobbing quietly.

Liz and I exchanged looks of worry, Tori doesn't deserve to go through this.

"We're so sorry to hear," Liz said, "I don't know what to do either but... If there's anything we can do about it, we'll... uhm..."

"We'll do it," I completed her answer, "you have us, Tori."

I felt a warm hand hold my own and I looked up, seeing Liz giving me a loving look, I knew she was thankful about completing her sentence, she's still working on it.

I love her so much and in a room full of people, my attention is hers. But right now, my best friend needs support.

"Maybe watch something and then I'll help you two with the quiz you have this Tuesday, I need distraction."

"The living room has surround sound," I pointed out and smiled, "let's have a movie night!"

------
One more left :)