Chapter 88: Tori

The clouds stretched above, like a gray blanket covering the sky.

"It's getting chilly." She rubbed her hands together, "I think it's going to rain."

"Let's go home?" I jumped off the trunk and she nodded before helping me throw away our garbage.

On our way back to her car, her hold on my hand seemed a little tight.

"I'm not going to let go, stupid." I chuckled.

But I was met with a downcasted Chloe.

The way our side of the door closed when we hopped in her car felt... different.

Tension again rose between us- but I have no idea why this time.

I gulped, "Are you okay?" 

She mindlessly turned the car keys as if I didn't say anything. 

The second time I asked her again, to which she responds to this time.

"Oh- Yeah- I'm okay." She rigidly said and I knew she was lying.

"I swear that the thing about the homophobia was the reason why I've been so worried lately," I raised my hands in surrender, "it's a whole revelation of how bad I was before so I was pretty stressed about it."

It's true. Just the Karen earlier afternoon proved how disgustingly privileged people think they are. Us going outside for dates or just somewhere as girlfriends already is a risk for her to get that kind of treatment... She said she gets those every now and then but no one really shouldn't go through it.

A sigh from her triggered a whole new feeling of frustration and anxiety in me.

I swear Chloe I'm trying. I desperately explained in my head. I'm sorry I know it's disappointing baby but-

"Does Tori have feelings for you?"

...HUH?

"I'm sorry– what?" The instant change of my emotion from anxiety to plain disbelief confused me because I don't know if I should laugh or look at her full of judgement right now.

Her sight stayed on the road as she drove, "I'm serious Liz."

I choked on my spit and coughed to clear my throat, "No?? I thought I did something wrong–"

"Answer, please?" My eyebrows furrowed together when I notice her hold on the steering wheel.

"No? She's with Hannah. Where did you get that idea?" I wanted to hold her close but it isn't the best thing to do at the moment.

"I don't know," another sigh, "Before she went to the house, she's been messaging me when you'll be free but I always told her I wasn't sure."

Why would Tori...

"And when you did go with her, you looked...concerned?" She shook her head lightly, "I know even you said that Tori was acting strange but, I don't know, does she have feelings for you?"

"I don't think so?" It was my turn to sigh. "She has a girlfriend and we're basically sisters, Chlo."

"You're oblivious to these kinds of things baby," She groaned, as if giving up, "It took me like what- literal months? Just to get a kiss from you."

"Isn't that the optimal time for kissing..."

Chloe burst into laughter, throwing her head back before shaking her head profusely. "What do you mean optimal?? I was so set on getting a kiss– no– I was actually delusional enough to think I'd be able to sleep with you in the first month."

"Didn't know you were pervy like that." I teased and she sent me a playful glare.

"You know, if we were in a movie it would probably take 10 hours and we kiss in the 8th hour."

"Would people even watch?" I asked and she shrugged.

"I definitely would." She wriggled her eyebrows and I pushed her shoulder lightly.

"I feel like actors wouldn't agree to act our life." I mean, my life specifically.

"Book then," she bit her lip in thought, "you think people would read it?"

"I bet our kiss would be at least... 61 chapters." I nodded but she did the opposite.

"That's too long. 30 chapters?" 

"I guess that's more realistic." I shrugged, "2 people would read it too."

Including me.

"Including me." She said as if she just read my thought.

Holding my hand up towards her, she glanced quickly before giving me a high five.

Chloe's the best thing that ever happened to me. As dramatic and corny as it is, our little moments like this give my life meaning.

"But those aside, think about it baby- like- think. Does she maybe have a little bit of a crush on you?" I guess Chloe won't let go of it.

She did look like she wanted to tell me something... But it wasn't one of those 'I need to confess my feelings' type of look that she was giving me.

I shook my head reluctantly, "No... I don't think so."

A hum escaped from her lips. "Okay let's ask her then."

"Wait- wait, baby don't you think that's way too sudden?" I stammered as she called Tori using her car.

"I'm not going to tiptoe around Tori with my thoughts all scattered whether she likes you or not, Liz. She's my friend you know." Her eyes pierced through me with seriousness and I just sat back in my seat.

"Chloe!" Tori's voice surrounded the car, "What's up?"

I just covered my face in embarrassment, in times like this, Chloe's not one to be stopped.

"Hi, yeah, I'll be straight with you-"

"You know that's impossible." Tori's laugh cut off Chloe's serious tone. "I'm sorry, continue?"

"Do you have feelings for my girlfriend?"

The silence that came after was really sickening. 

It was like I could hear my own sweat drop down even with the car temperature just being enough.

Chloe gulped. "S-so?" She tried sounding serious but failed.

"...You do realize you're talking about my sister?" Tori questioned.

I wasn't aware of how much air I had to exhale; I guess it the same was for Chloe.

"Is Eli with you?" 

"Hi." I answered for her, "We went to Mcdonald's."

"I could care less." I could almost hear her roll her eyes. "What I care about is how and why Chloe came up with that question."

I looked at my girl and her face was tinged pink. I could tell she was embarrassed. 

"I'm coming over so we can talk properly, is that okay?"

"Yeah yeah..." Chloe whispered.

"I'll bring us snacks."

"Thanks, Tori."

"See you guys."

--------------------------

Author's notes:

I'm so sorry for ghosting you guys, anyway, last two chapters!