Chapter 49: Introductions

8:00 am

"Goodmorning sunshine." He smiled, his body leaning on the doorway of the room.

"Excuse me?" I sat up from his bed and a huge wave of stinging pain ached my head.

"You had too much last night," he said before pointing to his bedside table, "I made sure you have water and advil... You were out even before the fifth shot."

"Been a while," I said, ignoring the pain and then drinking the medicine. "I completely blacked out."

"Come down after you're freshened up, I'll reintroduce you to the gang since you got drunk even before they got home." He brushed his beard with his hand, I didn't notice how manly he turned out after all these years.

"Hell, we'll tell you everything that happened last night," laughing, he pushed himself from the door frame and stood straight before walking out the room, not before mumbling something about shaving his face.

I held my head in disbelief. Did I really let myself drink next with that guy?

Looking around his room, I realized how different it was from his room back at Tiá Nina's.

All walls were black besides the ceiling, which was in a shade of white and the wooden floor polished. He has a huge book shelf that were the same color as the walls but the interior were different per column: white, yellow, orange. His room looked so rich and clean-

Even the bed I'm in is king sized- how did he manage to have his place as good as this?

I shook my head lightly and went to the bathroom to fully wake myself up.

While on my way down, a faint sound of laughter entered my ears, a guy in a white top waved his hand as soon as I got down.

"Hey sister!" They were sitting all sitting in the living room watching TV, two girls were sitting on a dark green sofa while the guy that waved to me was sitting on the floor.

They all looked like they're all the same age group as me.

"Sit with us," The girl sitting on the sofa said before sitting down on the floor next to the white top guy.

Is that the person he cheated on me with?

"Oh no no it's okay," I waved my hand in dismissal, "I'll have to go anyway..."

The door beside wall opened and an apron wearing Marco popped out of the kitchen, "Nonsense!"

The smell of cinnamon rolls tickled my nose like a hand shaped smoke. I looked at him and remembered that that's how I learned how to bake.

They jumped from their seats and ran towards Marco, "FOOD!"

"Calm down." He chuckled, "Domi, hold this. I'll get our coffees."

Domi, the guy wearing the white top, took the tray from his hands and they went back to the sofa, continuing their own business.

"Help me with the rest." He said and I followed him.

"They all live with you?" I asked while holding two cups.

He nodded, "All of us live together actually." He took a tray from a cabinet and then placed the three cups of coffee there, one being iced.

"They're all good kids," He said, staring at the tray he's holding, "We all got this house together, they'll explain if you ask. For now let's get these to them."

*

"I met Marco when I was 13," Domi said, "I grew up in the streets with May since our parents abandoned us."