Chapter 86: McKaren

"Do you think Ms. Monica's had enough of us?" I laid down beside Chloe, who was still catching her breath.

A smile cracked on my lips. I did good.

We were both excused today that's why it was easy for us to just leave, I found out that Gerard talked with the Principal and the Principal talked with Chloe's teachers which some of them I shared with.

They apparently had a huge donation towards Golden State High for accepting Chloe even when she was a week late to the start of classes so the principal's going easy towards Chloe.

People with money, right?

"Wait- wait... Let me..." She visibly gulped and loudly sighed, "God."

I laughed lightly, "Are you okay?"

Her eyebrows furrowed and she glared at me, "After that sheet-grabbing-leg shaking-voice cracking-mouth drying-eye rolling thing you just did to me, you ask that?"

We stared at each other before he room filled with laughter.

"Yes I'm feeling amazing actually." She pushed herself up and I felt her soft lips place a kiss on my cheek, "And a bit tired."

She laid back down and I propped myself up with my elbow and studied her.

I pulled the sheet next to her and covered her from chest below and she smiled.

"Thank you baby."

My heart drummed against my chest uncontrollably fast and I felt so much admiration towards this girl in front of me.

But the giddiness was clouded suddenly by the feeling of dread.

I knew what it was.

But I decided to shove it aside.

Forcing a smile, I planted a kiss on her forehead. "Do you think we did well on the first quiz earlier?"

"We didn't study much so I'm not sure." She said with a cheeky grin, her dimple showing.

"Let's study for Tuesday?" I said, "We have pre-calculus that day."

"What if-" she yawned, "We take a nap now?"

"Really?"

She groggily nodded, "You took a toll on me, I'm sorry."

I moved closer, held her hand under the sheets and I felt her snuggle closer to me.

"Then we study?" I asked.

I felt her head nod lightly, "we do what you want..."

"Promise?" I closed my eyes and smiled, the feeling of her warmth body making me feel drowsy, "we'll study okay?"

"Okay." She whispered.

Light shakes pulled me out of my sleep and I found myself trapped in her soft embrace.

"I just checked the time." She whispered, "it's 8pm."

We slept for 4 hours already?

"Are you hungry?" I asked and pulled her closer to me, "I'll cook us something."

Her skin had that faint strawberry lingering on her, I discovered she had a strawberry scented body wash instead of the perfume that I assumed before.

"I noticed how you smell my skin a lot." She burst out in laughter and pushed her away.

"WAIT NO I'M NAKED-!" She gripped onto the sheet just before she slipped out the edge of it.

I laughed with her, "So?"