Arc 1 ch 1.1: Selling Meng to the business Emperor

"Ne system"

"Hmm?"

"You're very fortunate"

"Huh?"

"Being raised by me, living comfortably while being loved. I'm very envious"

The lone figure gently strokes the fluffy kitten on his lap. Its pristine white fur flows smoothly between the man's fingers, presenting its beautifully maintained fur to the world.

Purring softly, the system enjoyed its host habitual caress.

A notification sounded on the computer displayed in front of them, its glow radiating the large windows behind him like a cage.

Clicking the email, he silently read the words with a lukewarm expression.

Sender: Chu Yi

Subject: I'm sorry

Chu Fang, I'm sorry I was blind.

As I write this, I was thinking of the times you have helped me, spoiled me. I think back to what you have sacrificed so I could be the happiest girl in the world and all I could feel was regret.

Why couldn't I trust you?

Why couldn't I be the perfect sister for this perfect brother, out of everyone in the world I should've trusted you.

But I was blinded by 'love'.

I pushed you away, I trampled on your sincere heart.

When you receive this email, I have already ended my life.

I cannot stand Sha Ling and Wu Guan getting together, constantly flaunting their love while I cry in silence. His betrayal is too much for me to bare.

Please don't be sad brother, this is my choice.

I'm finally free.

Lastly, please don't be like me.

Find someone that will give you real happiness.

Love, your beloved sister YiYi.

Closing the email, Chu Fang closed his eyes in silence. The man's indifference to the suicide email would've caused an outcry for his coldheartedness.

Yet all the man felt was melancholy, he wasn't originally from this world and the girl couldn't garner his pity.

Chu Fang was simply the name of the body he inhabited, he was the elder brother of the protagonist Chu Yi and was only a cannon fodder who served to solidify the male leads position as CEO of the Chu foundation. In the original storyline, Chu Yi would've handed over corporate secrets to Wu Guan allowing him to swallow his life's work. He was even retaliated by the male protagonist and forced to sell his body and organs to pay for the debt enforced on him.

Chu Fang was the adopted son of the Chu couple, he treated his younger sister as the center of the world to repay the Chu couple for their benevolent grace yet she ruthlessly stomped on it in the name of love. When the Chu couple died, Chu Fang worked day and night to develop a company to allow Chu Yi to live a luxurious life and raised her with love and care.

Shuu took over the body before Chu Yi stole any corporate secrets, instead of getting rid of her to complete the task faster, he chose to see if this protagonist would be different from the original storyline. He had been more caring, more empathetic to her to test her affection between her brother and her new partner yet she still chose Wu Guan again.

Shuu could only sigh for the original body, even if he approached her differently, she could not fight against fate.

"System, I don't think I can believe in humanity again"

"I never did, Shuu"

"Haha, Chu Fang has been with her all her life, raised her with love yet she chose to betray him in a heartbeat. Even in the end, she chose to run away by committing suicide, what a heartless lady"

His melancholic smile reflected on the blackened screen was chilling yet his hands never stopped caressing the white cat on his lap.

"That hypocritical sister doesn't deserve Chu Fang's care, if only she remained as the Chu Yi raised by the Chu couple and Chu Fang, she would've drowned in riches and affection"

Swishing its tail, the system snorted at Shuu.

"Those hypocritical trash seriously makes people want to murder them, their soapy 'I did it for love' bullshit is just an excuse to treat people that love them like crap. It's may funny but I only think they're nothing but annoying pieces of shit"

"You shouldn't cuss system"

"Hmm!"

The silence enveloped the room after their venting. Shuu's hands never stopped rubbing the spots that would make his system start purring and kneading.

"I've completed the task, I'm ready to leave"

Changing cannon fodder Chu Fang's fate +1000 points

Changing female and male protagonist fate +200 points

Making the Chu Foundation flourish +500 points

Taking care of the system +1000 points

Raising his eyebrows, Shuu only scratched the system's body helpfully. Points were important to normal world hoppers but to him, it was no different from rocks on the roadside. He already learned almost all the skills they could provide and only used points for stuff like language scrolls, food, or clothes.

They didn't cost much and he already completed countless worlds with 100% accuracy. He had a few million points unused in his points bank.

He just completed an F-level world, compared to SS-level worlds, the points earned were pitiful.

Task completed, transferring to void space in 3, 2, 1

Transfer complete

Shuu closed his eyes as he listened to the counter, when he reopened his eyes, he was now sitting on a red chaise lounge lined with golden thread. The comfortable silken thread and soft cushion were something he could rarely experience when completing tasks.

"Ne system"

"Yeah?"

"Can I be a pet in the next world?'

"...sure"