Ch 4.8

Li Ran was currently suffocating, after returning home, his father gave him the biggest teddy bear hug he could muster and wouldn't let go. The hug has lasted for half an hour and he still refused to release his hold.

"Zu-er helpppp"

"Qui-er, let go"

"No!"

"Your suffocating him"

"I don't care!"

Rubbing his temple, Song Zuo was moments away from pummeling this son-con.

"Father... let go?"

"NO!"

"If you don't let go you can sleep alone tonight"

Reluctantly releasing his son, he squeezed a few more hugs before keeping a 3 metre distance for his own nightlife conservation.

"Ran Ran, that abomination of a human will never see the daylight again"

Li Qui puffed up his chest in pride as if he didn't completely cut off all life choices for that man.

"Father..."

Li Ran willed his newly bred tears to not fall.

"Thank you... for picking me up years ago"

Tears bubbled up in papa Li's eyes, he was ready to pounce on his adorable son but Song Zuo's threatening glare stopped him.

"I... I want to rest a bit"

"Ok, rest well Ran Ran"

Hiding into his own room, he felt his previously torn heart knitting back together.

At least there's people who will always be with me

"Ne Yin"

"Meow?"

A white cat was sleeping contently next to his pillow purring softly.

"I love you"

"Mreow~~"

_____________________________________

"Ran Ran"

Nudging the door opened, Li Qui was cooing at his son's cute sleepy look.

"I've found a bodyguard for you"

"Bodyguard?"

"I should've done this long ago after you joined the entertainment circle. If only I did this earlier you wouldn't have suffered"

Smiling brightly, Li Ran hugged his father.

"He's in the lounge forenow, just go downstairs and he'll protect you from now on"

"Ok"

Taking a quick shower, he bounded down the stairs wondering who this new bodyguard will be.

"I-It's you!"

Startled he took a step back and rubbed his eyes. The man at the park?

"We meet again"

"Pei Mo?"

"Glad you remember mister Li"

"Just call me Li Ran, hearing mister Li makes me feel like my father"

"Sure"

Tying up his hair in a messy ponytail, he called his chauffeur to visit Lu Meng.

____________________________________________

Walking on set, people were awestruck at the scene they witnessed. A handsome young man who's known for being cold and emotionless was carrying a small pink carrier cage with an adorable white hamster poking its head out.