Ch 1.7

Opening the system store, he scrolled through the pills and purchased a 'Complete restoration pill' which only costed a few hundred thousand points.

Keeping the pill in storage, he waits for the next visit to feed it to the paralyzed person.

Su Meng began working longer hours after the accident. He needed to complete He Ran's share of work as well as his own. He didn't want He Ran to wake up and someone had usurped his position.

When the informant reported back to him, Su Meng was ready to tear the perpetrator limb from limb.

"Sir, we found the driver of the car was commissioned by a woman called Miyu Wang. She is currently hiding in a warehouse where Snow was injured a few years ago"

"Warehouse..."

The surrounding temperature got a few degrees colder again and Snow wonders if he has some supernatural ability. Taking his trained bodyguards, Su Meng rushed to the warehouse to completely eradicate the pests.

Being held down by muscle-filled bodyguards, even the protagonist's halo can't save her from leaving with all her limbs today.

Lifting Miyu's face with his shoe, Su Meng looked at her with no emotion.

"I don't care if you hurt me"

His voice was completely dead as if he wasn't talking to humans but to insects under his shoe.

"But hurting Snow and He Ran was your biggest mistake"

Grabbing the knife offered by his subordinate, Su Meng plunged downwards towards Miyu's wrist.

"Warning: Sniper hidden 120° from your current location. Firing in 5 seconds"

Snow's body reacted faster than his brain could register. Snow jumped onto Su Meng, pushing him aside and taking the hit for him.

The bullet pierced Snow's front shoulder, It went straight through puncturing his lungs and out the other side.

Whining in pain, Snow fell onto the would causing him to whine louder.

"SNOW"

Rushing out of the warehouse, Su Meng orders the bodyguards to burn the warehouse. Speeding to the closest vet, Su Meng felt as if time slowed down.

Every minute ticked by much slower than he ever remembered.

Snow was floating on the boundary of consciousness. He could hear Su Meng's panicked heartbeat and ragged breathing. He wanted to comfort him but Su Meng couldn't keep his eyes open anymore.