Ch 1.6

Being hugged tightly, Snow could only whimper in pain and whine about his hardships.

"Capture all of them"

Snow in his drowsy state finally realized He Ran and whole dozen of men in suits standing Su Meng. They entered the warehouse and apprehended the people who tried to flee.

Holding him close, Su Meng left the rest to He Ran and left the scene.

Smiling helplessly, He Ran entered the warehouse and glanced at the people kneeling in front of him.

"Keep them alive, Meng Meng will deal with them later"

Gripping Snow tightly, Su Meng quickly ushered for the vet he brought along to check Snows condition. Injecting him with a sedative, Snow began fading into unconsciousness but he could see Su Meng's face twisting with worry.

Snow wanted to nuzzle him but his head felt heavy, he could only lick the hand that was holding his head then fell unconscious.

When Snow woke up, he was sleeping on a familiar bed in his home. Beside him was a sleeping Su Meng holding his paw in a soft grip as if he was afraid of losing him.

Nudging his face, Snow kept nuzzling the sleepy person until he woke up from his pestering.

"Snow..."

Su Meng encased Snow in a big teddy hug, his grip wasn't too hard to not hurt the injured dog.

"Awoo"

Barking softly to reassure his owner that he was fine, Snow continued nuzzling his neck to comfort him.

Target affection rose to 55%

Still a long way to go huh?

After the ordeal, Su Meng began treating Snow more carefully. Now it was uncommon to not see a fluffy white samoyed beside the CEO. Of course, his adorable smile allowed him VIP treatment from everyone for his cuteness overload.

"System"

"Hm?"

"I think I'm meant for this"

"No comment"

"Hehe"

Snow's days as a dog gradually warmed both the owner's and pet's heart. The only dilemma was the affection gauge stayed at 90% for a very long time.

Ah, what should I do

Unless another big incident happens, the affection would probably stay at 90% forever. He tried different methods to show how useful he was such as creating encounters with other people yet all of them were left crying. Anyone who received Snows care was sent scurrying by Su Meng. -_-

Lounging on the couch, Snow rubbed against the backrest. His been feeling uncomfortable ever since a strange scent wafted into the house but the air was clearly well ventilated.

Snow had been refusing to go on walks but today, Su Meng was adamant on him leaving the house.

"You need to walk Snow"

Whining while gripping the couch in a death grip, Snow was ready to fight for his doggy rights.

"I promise to cut it short today"

Although reluctant, Snow conceded to his arrangement. Usually, they spend two hours walking or having fun together outside but as soon as they began, Snow regretted it. He walked at a pace far slower than he used to, always fidgeting and reacting to any sound around them.

When they approached the familiar park, Snow noticed his eyes wandered much too long on other dogs.

"Meng Meng"