Ch 5.8

Sitting around a table, the five of them toasted for their departed friend. Lucky was at Ru Wen's care before Lan Ruru died but still felt sad over his playmates departure.

"QingQing was a valiant person, willing to fight against people over little things and defending his friends when they needed it. Lan Ruru, though we haven't met for long, he was a good man. This toast is for the both of them, the wish for them to meet in the afterlife and stay together forever"

Raising his glass, he clinked against the two cups sitting together on the table then clinked everyone else and drank the sparkling wine.

The two of them had to catch up with their studies lest they fail their exam and have to redo a year at uni. Without their noticing, they've already finished their exams and preparing for the graduation party.

Whispers circulated around the school of the esteemed professor Lan Ruan, Yu Meng didn't have any of his classes but he heard he died in an accident.

"Ne Little Dream"

"Hmm?"

"Do you think... Ruru's father really died in an accident? What are the coincidences that after half a year, his father also left?"

Ru Ran didn't want to mention the passed, but he found the sudden death suspicious. Was he murdered or was it really an accident?

A dark gloom shrouded the university but Ru Ran tried to lighten it up by merrily preparing the graduation with his team of graduates.

Snow felt his wings cramped from long term non-use, he'd stopped flying with the Yu couple then Ru Ran's incident occurred. Spreading his wings, he took off into the air chirping his signature bell.

"Brrrrrrrr"

Flying circles around the campus, Snow relished in the feeling of being a bird.

A sharp pain suddenly spread from his left wing sending him plummeting to the ground. He was fairly high in the air and the impact felt like a boulder being smashed on him.

"Hehehehe Finally.... FINALLY"

Standing over Snow's body, a woman holding a kitchen knife maniacally laughed at nothing.

"It's all your fault It's all your fault It's all your fault It's all your fault IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!!!"

Swinging down she cut a line across Snow's beak. The pain was unbearable for the small bird when compared to humans, he called for help at his loudest voice wishing someone would hear him.

"Yu Meng! HELP HELP!!!"

Flapping his wings, Snow dodged two swings and was cornered to a tree.

"If It wasn't for you I'D HAVE EVERYTHING"

Unable to control her laughter, she fell to the floor laughing while holding her stomach.

"I'll take away his most beloved treasure! All the pain that B**** Ning Lou and lucky B****** Yu Meng caused me I'll repay it in blood!"

Holding Snow's neck, she cut Snow's right leg dropping his leg band on the ground.

"Why? Why does he get to be born with all the wealth, while I have to suffer like this! They even had the spare money to buy such expensive rubies for a bird! My father always preached on about 'fairness' and 'justice' but who f****** cares!!? He dared to look at me with disappointment and now..."

Smiling maliciously, she stepped on Snow's prone body.

"I made sure he can never speak again"

Snow was in so much pain he could barely register anything she said other then her last sentence.