Ch 6.3

Rao honestly thought waiting for the next plot event would be boring but life definitely was taking a turn for the best. He spent the next thirteen years living as Rao, the king of Mirror Forest and lover of L. They spent almost every moment together staying only a few metres apart at most. The only time L let Rao out of his sight was when Rao wanted to 'bond' with his brother.

Wen WuLing always heard his master's miserable screams, although he probably had a glib tongue good enough to help Mao, he chose to wait for each session to end and personally bring Mao back while eating some tofu.

He'd already admitted his feelings in front of Rao, what else would he not do? Mao as oblivious as he was, only painfully slumped over his little disciples back after the sessions where he was beat up into his human form! Mao despised his human form and having to return each time in that form only fueled him to train stronger!

Rao had already ascended into a divine beast a week after the falling out, he didn't stop there and gradually reached within the threshold of being a beast god in the thirteen years of waiting for stuff to happen. He was bored sometimes ok?

L of course had no qualms with being being hip to hip with his snow and he resisted the urge to get rid of the nuisance known as Mao, L also made sure Rao "compensated" him for every round of vinegar chucked into his face.

Although Rao seemed nonchalant about life, he researched the world's gadgets to help his lover, day by day he closely monitored L for any soul activity, weird personality switches or odd actions he'd do and... he saw them.

Sometimes when L was just lounging in their den together, he would suddenly look blankly towards the lake with murderous eyes, he even attacked Rao if he asked what was wrong.

Sometimes whenever Rao was hanging out with Nar and Fang, L would try to grab Xie Long and run away. If not for the swords determined nature to not leave the Hearts side, L might've left the forest to kill.

Once when they left the forest to monitor the surrounding villages, L killed four servants because they were talking about "Useless trash" of the family.

Rao didn't like that, he didn't like someone else being in the same body as his lover, he only wanted his one.

He even specifically blindfolded L whenever they did untellable stuff in embarrassment in case the 'other' him came out. Though it was a useless attempt, at least it helped Rao calm down. Slightly but still calm nonetheless.

Anyway, thirteen years had already passed and the great protagonist Wen WuLing was now a blooming twenty two year old youth trying to woo Mao and officially begin his love bird life though his plan was indefinitely stumped with Mao's indifferent reply to his chasing.

Rao suffered countless complaints from the protagonist about his brother being cold and uncaring, it was quite odd to witness the once cheery and stupid younger brother mature into a cold and still very stupid younger brother. Upgraded but still stupid.

"Just force yourself on him"

Kicking the protagonist out of their den, Rao laid on top of L snuggling into his chest. His leopard form was ten times more comfortable than a human so he didn't change much other than 'special' moments.

"What would you do if you were in his position?"

Looking down at his lover, L rested his hand on Rao's head.

"If it was me..."

"You'll already be mine"

Turning onto his back, Rao transformed into a human and caressed L's face.