Ch 3.3

Without his notice, it's already been three months since he entered this world. He was busy sunbathing in his usual tree when he looked out in the distance. This tree was his usual spot to escape boredom, it was both tall and had a lot of sturdy branches.

It was actually quite fun to climb trees and since no one really cared for him, he was free to explore the entire area.

He was only a tiny kitten until recently so he never dared to step outside the courtyard, he could only climb this tree to survey what the outside looked like.

In the distance he could see the imperial garden, it had beautiful plants blooming even in the heart of winter. Most were shades of blue and shined in the winter sun, he could see a man slowly walking not even admiring the plants.

Swinging his tail in leisure, he continued to observe this man. Don't know if the man had a sixth sense but he suddenly turned his head to stare straight at Shuu.

Blinking his eyes, he let out a yawn then curled to go to sleep. That man was Emperor Wu full name Wu Cang, he had a harem of three thousand beauties (Metaphorically) and yet is said to spend no more then one night at each consort or concubines place.

Feeling especially bored today, he decided he would forego the nap and go explore outside the imperial consorts courtyard. Jumping from branch to branch, he reached the branch closest to the wall and jumped out.

No longer being confined in those walls, Shuu felt a lot more free. He kind of wanted to see the plants but knowing the emperor was there he didn't dare. Who knows if the emperor suddenly decides to kill a poor creature like him?

Strolling leisurely, he turned a corner just to witness a man slowly walking towards him. Turning back, he tried to escape but was captured by someone.

"Hissss"

Hissing in anger, he tried to scratch the hands holding him but was held tightly despite the pain.

"Your majesty"

Saluting the emperor, he held the enraged kitten for the emperor to see.

Calming down, he stared back at the emperor as if saying 'ha! What are you going to do!'

Not knowing why, the emperor chuckled and grabbed Shuu from the other man's hands.

"Please be careful your majesty! Such a creature could have a disease!"

The eunuchs by the emperor were all flailing in dismay, what if the emperor's dragon body was injured by this cat from unknown origins?

Completely disregarding his entourages worry, Emperor Wu held the cat and patted the small head. In three months Shuu had grown from the size of one hand to two hands.

His body was still pretty small but his fur had grown out beautifully with the help of the two chefs daily nutritious feeding, Shuu didn't forget to thank them by acting cute all day. In the emperors hold, Shuu only laid down and rubbed his head on the hand patting him.

"Mreow"

The hand was seriously quite comfortable, the chef were kind and always feared hurting him so they only patted his back lightly. The emperor was either confident in his strength control or just didn't care if he hurt Shuu but either way, it was quite nice.

Purring in enjoyment, he closed his eyes and continued rubbing.

"Your majesty... Should I call a physician to check on this cat?"

"Hmm"

Humming in reply, the man that previously grabbed him promptly disappeared.

So he was a shadow guard? Using a shadow guard to catch a kitten, the emperor must be pretty weird