Ch 3.8

"Meow~~"

Purring in satisfaction, she twirled a few extra circles before checking on her kittens.

Her kittens were given some bow ties and ribbon to make them look extra cute, cuddly and pure which totally was opposite with what they really where.

Silvy: "Okay! Now, which maid should we pick on during the party?"

Shadow: "Ooh Ooh! I say the one with the weird hands, she always had this weird scent around her that made me sick"

Snow: "Made you sick?"

Night: "Yeah! We saw her place something in the kitchens crevice! When we went to sniff it, we opened that thing and an unpleasant smell came out"

Snow: "Show me Night"

Night: "Yes Mummy!"

Carefully placing the cape and crown onto the bed, she followed her kitten sneakily sneaking into the kitchen where pots and pans were wielded by frantic cooks.

Night: "Over there"

Looking into the crevice, she clawed the little white paper bag out. Sniffing the uncomfortable scent wafting out, she took a minute to realise what it was.

"Leave the area, it's not good for you to smell this"

Grabbing the bag with her mouth, she kept the opening away from her nose to not inhale the poisonous powder.

Scratching the door, the guard opened it since the emperor gave explicit permission for the cat to enter at all times since it was part her room.

Throwing the bag onto the floor, she stared up to the emperor currently dressing for his birthday banquet.

Picking up the bag, Wu Cang sniffed the powder before dangerously narrowing his eyes.

"Snow, are you okay?"

Examining Snow, he hurriedly called for the imperial physician to do a checkover.

Completely succumbing to his job as Snow's personal doctor, he routinely did some checks before announcing his result.

"Your majesty, there is no physical injuries but her pupils are slightly more diluted compared to usual. She seems to be in a constant dazed moment"

Ushering the physician out of the room, he slipped something into Snow's mouth.

Blinking away the dewy eyes, she glances left and right then tilted her head.

"What was I doing?"

Confused, Snow turned to Wu Cang and questioned him with her gaze.

"Dress for the banquet"

Nodding her head, she ran back to the dressing room personally allocated for her clothes and accessories.

Re-equipping the beautiful red cape and crown, she lead her entourage of kittens to the banquet hall ready to enter when a guard picked her up.

"Mreow?"

"His majesty wants your company"

Meowing to her kittens to go without her, she sat quietly in a stranger's arms for once.

"Your majesty"

Dropping the kitten off at the Emperor's bedroom, he hurriedly returned to his post guarding the room.

"Meow?"

Placing the cat into his arms, he exited the bedroom with long strides. An eunuch hurriedly announced the emperor's arrival, everyone in the hall bowed their head in respect but it was pretty easy to tell which ones were insincere.

"Meow meow meow"

Did you have some screw loose to not notice their insincere respect?

Deeming the emperor stupid, his impression of a grand ruler went down a notch.

"..."

Why can I feel someone looking at me with disappointment!!?

Sitting onto his seat, he waved his hand for the courtiers to rise.

"Today is my birthday banquet, enjoy the night"

His short speech left everyone jaw shocked.

"Mreow"

Glaring at Fu Shao smiling smugly at the front table, Snow wanted to claw his face.

The ministers part of the rebellion distinctly focused on socialising then eating, leaving their plates untouched.

"Does the food the chefs make unpalatable? Why does my ministers not eat anything on my birthday banquet?"

His intimidating smile froze every minister working with Fu Shao, their guilty conscience caused their heart to beat faster in fear.