Ch 1.8

Opening his eyes slowly, he could see his vague reflection on the glass in front of him.

Trying to stand up, he could feel a residue ache on his shoulder. His breathing was strained as he fell back down onto the cool flooring.

Su Meng? Where's Su Meng?

Panicking, Snow started whining and howling, alerting the people outside.

"Samoyed in unit 3 has woken up"

A person wearing a coat entered the room and opened the hatchet holding Snow.

"Come here little Snow"

Warily exiting, Snow searched for Su Meng but he was nowhere to be found.

Whining, he was about to hide back in the little space when the stranger stopped him.

"Your owner is waiting outside, let me check you and then you can go home"

The man's kind eyes calmed Snow, he obediently let him check his pulse and do some simple movements. When he moved his front paws, he whimpered in pain.

"Okay, you're ready to go now"

About to run out the door, he was yet again stopped by the man and was laughed at.

"Don't move, I'll Mr Su in"

Leaving the room, Su Meng and the man in a coat soon entered together.

"Snow"

Hugging his pet, Su Meng was trembling slightly as if he was attending a funeral.

"Snow..."

After documenting everything, Su Meng brought Snow back home and helped Snow bathe gently.

They both couldn't stand the blood and dirt that got on his fur even if it was wiped off.

When they visited He Ran again, Snow secretly slipped him the pill while Su Meng was talking to the doctor.

A few days later, He Ran miraculously woke up and decided to hold a grand party for his recovery.

When they arrived at the venue, everyone was wearing long dresses or expensive suits with elegant masks.

Don't know which weird person decided a masquerade party was a good idea.

(He Ran: Hey!)

Su Meng for Snow ordered a custom mask made of expensive gems and rare silk.

After the wound healed, Snow still could not move as nimbly as he had before. His shoulder muscles were permanently damaged and Su Meng could only spoil him more in return.

Together with his owner, they strode slowly into the party like royalty.

Su Meng wore a black intricate mask and a black suit, It might've looked plain but his tall height and cold aura made him look like a king.

The dog already gave away his identity since which guest would bring a dog to someone like He Ran's party? Only his close friend, Su Meng would.

"Your here!"

A man wearing a dark blue suit dragged a man wearing a dark grey suit to Su Meng and Snow. The dragged person tried to pry off the evil claws to no avail.

"This is my boyfriend!"

Snow:...

Su Meng:...

Dark grey suit:...

"Did he even say yes?"

"Yeah!"

"No..."

The man tried to escape He Ran's grasp but failed miserably, Snow walked up to him and sniffed him.