Ch 5.4

Snow felt like life was perfect, he lived day by day attending classes with his owner and had a few close friends who could understand them. If you only ignored the tasks he still needed to complete he could've lived leisurely in peace.

Hanging off Yu Wu's arm, they had a rare moment of no-Yu Meng around so they decided to visit a nearby cafe renowned for their pastries.

"Ahhh~~ It tastes so delicious!"

Blissfully devouring the strawberry cake, Yu Wu ordered a few more flavours ready to fatten herself up before the mid-term exams. Skylar and Snow were sitting beside her play fighting against each other with Snow on top.

Falling off the chair, Skylar shook herself off about to jump back up when a foot appeared above her kicking her into a chair.

"Mreow!"

Crouching low, she meowed in pain keeping strength off her injured paw.

"What's this mutt doing here?"

Looking disdainfully at Skylar, she lifted her foot up about to kick her again when a bird scratched her face.

"AHHHH!"

Bowling in pain, she smacked Snow out of the air onto the table squashing the cake into paste dirtying his feathered body.

"Bad! Villain!"

Hopping back up, Snow aggressively flapped his wings threatening to attack if she did anymore.

"F****** bird!"

Crying on the floor, she stared hatefully at the one who hurt her face. She prided herself in having a face who could lure every man alive yet the vermin dared to ruin it!

"Riri?"

A fairly young man stood up from his table to comfort the crying lady, his eyes were gentle and doting but Yu Wu could see a hint of darkness within.

"Cousin, you owe Riri an apology"

"Me? Apologise to this S***?"

Scowling at her 'cousin', she twirled her hair in mock boredom.

"A nasty b**** like that doesn't deserve my apology. First she kicked Skylar then tried to step on her! I could pardon the first as an accident but calling my baby a vermin is definitely not acceptable!"

Standing up in anger, she approached her cousin and lifted his collar to meet her eyes. She was extremely tall towering over the tall but still shorter male.

"If there's one thing I hate in the world, It's people who are egotistical and animal abusers. You offend Skylar, you offend me, you offend me you offend my family"

Throwing her cousin to the ground, she shouted for the cakes to be taken away and carefully collected Skylar from the ground wary of her injured body.

On the way out after getting her cake, she stared disgustingly at Lan Riri and broke her heels, watching her limited brand name shoe break Lan Riri cried harder and shouted insults at Yu Wu's retreating figure.

Snow nuzzled Skylar's head trying to comfort the meowing cat, Skylar in return closed her eyes in comfort nuzzling back.

When Yu Meng arrived at the park where the three were brooding in, he was immediately assaulted by a hug.

"Brother"

"...What's wrong?"

Digging her head deeper into his chest, Yu Meng felt his shirt begin to dampen.

"I really really hate abusers"

"?"

Dragging him to sit beside her, she stroked Skylar softly as tears slowly dribbled down her face.

"I'm not your real sister"

Yu Meng didn't even seem surprised listening to her reveal.

"Mom adopted me when they thought they could never have children. Even when you were born they never abandoned me and treated me like their own"

Listening to herself recount the story, she felt a heavy stone lift from her heart.

"At the orphanage I was bullied by the kids there for not talking or playing with them, before I was sent there my biological parents beat me whenever I cried or moved around"

The memories she remembered permeated her mind causing shivers to travel to her hands.

"Even though I was only 3 I remember everything. The disappointment in my parents for not being a man, the pain my parents inflicted on me and the loneliness of living in silence"

Yu Wu brought Skylar to her chest trying to not break down into a panic attack.

"Mother gave me everything, food, clothes, love, a chance of being the model I am today. She gave me everything and... I'm scared she'll take it away one day"

She knew Ning Lou wouldn't do anything like that unless she caused harm to her family but the uneasy feeling plagued her mind constantly. The fear of losing everything whether its her family, her career or her happiness made her unable to truly accept who she was. She wasn't greedy for wealth or power but she feared for her happiness.

"Smile!"

Jumping above her head, Snow merrily groomed her hair.

"Momma Loves little Wuwu! Pappa Loves little Wuwu!"

Snow noticed the problem of whenever he got really excited or depressed his speech would revert to being a bird but set it aside for now.

"Snow.... You've been with mother for a long time now... ten years?"

"Yes~"

"Do you think... I deserve this life? The life granted to me by a complete stranger who only-"

"Shhhh"

Shushing her, Snow rubbed his beak along her cheek.

"Love is more than blood, love is love and you arr loved!"

His funky pirate imitation caused both of the owners to laugh, Yu Wu felt gratified to have such a family and she would trade her entire life to keep them safe.

____________________________________________________________________

"OMG do you believe it!! Someone dared to smack Lucky today!"

When Yu Meng returned to the dorm later in the evening, he was immediately assaulted by a fuming Ru Ran with an equally infuriated squirrel.

"Little dream! Do people have no manners or compassion these days!!? This is the second time someone was vicious enough to hurt Lucky on purpose!"

Lucky was flying around the room squealing in anger.

"That Yu Xiao, 'prince' of the ladies heart, shining armour of A university and number one most wanted boyfriend is a fraud! Kind? He f****** saw Lucky on the bench, grabbed him and chucked him towards the tree! F****** A******"

Enraged beyond words, his mouth ran without filter spouting obscenities and swearing in different languages.

"I swear If I see him again I'm gonna pop his balls"

Snow felt kind of skeptical, Yu Xiao was the protagonist of the world and together with the female lead, Lan Riri took over the Yu family, killing both the Yu couple and burning both their children in the house they lived in. If Ru Ran who was a prominent pediatrician and head of the Ru family were Yu Meng's friend, how did he meet such a tragic end?

Did something happen to him?

"...You really want to know?'

"Yeah"

"During the second semester, he was assaulted by drug addicts and didn't make it to the hospital"

"Drug addicts?"

"Hired by the protagonist"

"Oh"

Snow already felt a connection to Ru Ran when they first met, the same optimistic smile and cheerful disposition made him feel a sense of belonging. The same death flag loomed over his unsuspecting head, the old Shuu would've just watched coldly but now, Snow wouldn't let that happen.