Ch 4.4

Drowsily trying to shake himself awake, Snow suckerpunched the vibrating phone off the bed onto the wooly carpet below.

"Squeak" (sleepy)

Picking up his offending phone, Lu Meng was not in the mood to entertain his soon-to-be ex-manager.

"What"

"Due to unproductive work efficiency of the previous manager, I will be your new manager and I'm informing you that you were accepted for the role"

Snorting, Lu Meng already knew he would've been chosen.

"My other artist wants to meet you so I'll pick you up at noon today "

"No"

"He says Snow would want to"

Looking down at the hamster plastered to the pillow, Lu Meng sighed in defeat.

After finishing the call, he grabbed Snow and placed him back into his cage.

"Squeak?" (What?)

Feeling annoyed at his hamsters ability to attract bees and butterflies, Lu Meng left the house leaving Snow very confused.

"SQUEAK SQUEAK!!!" (LET ME OUT!!!)

Squeaking endlessly was useless so Snow tried to unlock the cage himself but his little arms were failing to do their job.

The cage had an electronic automatic lock that needed a passcode, Snow saw the numbers but his little arms can barely reach it but after reaching it he couldn't click the screen.

Adding Lu Meng to his blacklist, Snow decided to explore the big insides of this metal giant.

Crawling under one of the logs, he sniffed everything from the aspen shavings on the ground to the fake but sweet smelling plants that decorate the cage.

Huddling into one of the houses, Snow dug a little nest for himself revelling in the warmth. No wonder animals like to burrow.

Snow could hear little bells chiming in his head guiding him to follow them into dreamland.

__________________________

"Mummy Mummy!"

Who's this

"@#%! did this to me again"

Who are you?

"Sister! Your the one that pushed me off the table!"

Who...

"Mother..."

Am I?

"Why did you leave us?"

Bolting awake, Snow tried to calm his raging heart.

What was that?

The voices felt very familiar yet Snow was sure he has never heard it before.

Running his eyes, he tried to wipe away all the tears.

Why am I crying?

Heading the door click open, he stretched his head out to welcome his owner.

"Squeak squeak"

Freezing in place, Lu Meng dropped the stuff in his hands and opened the cage.

Pulling snow out from his cage, Lu Meng wiped away the tears stuck on his face.

"Don't cry"

"Squeak squeak Squeak!" ( I'm not crying!)

Lu Meng's bitter sweet smile made Snow feel slightly off.