Ch 6.4

"Mao"

"Yes brother"

"You must survive"

"As you command"

"I won't let anything happen to Mao!"

Wen WuLing's determination was undeniable, for Mao he was willing to run to hell and back without fear.

"He's in your hands, child of humans"

Taking L with him, Rao stood at the centre of the forest awaiting his foes. Mao was stationed at the entrance tasked to kill all and everyone in his sight. Rao knew the cultivators would use the strategy "Use the weak as docoys" and charge in from the sides to pass through the enemy lines.

Laying down next to L, Rao rested his head on his lap.

"You must survive as well"

"I'll always be with you"

"You promise?"

"I promise"

Giggling to himself, Rao nuzzled into his stomach playfully nibbling his clothes.

"I still want to enjoy this little beast~~"

Lightly batting him on the head, L wondered if he poisoned his lovers brain.

"Find that child! He's in this forest and we'll destroy it if we have to!"

The sect leader lead the charge killing the spiritual beasts in the forest, the high level creatures were fighting head to head with the inner core members but slowly fell under the sect leaders sword.

"Dirty beasts like you dare to block my way? Die!"

Killing every beast during their distracted moments, his mountain of corpses began piling higher and higher.

"RAWR"

Landing at the edge of the battlefield, Rao, the king joined the fray.

The two leaders stared eye to eye waiting for the other to strike first. L joined the battlefield killing cultivators left and right.

"If you give me the child, we will leave"

"The child has joined us, he is now my subject"

"Then you shall die with him!"

Thrusting his sword towards Rao, he channeled his Ki into the blade leaving a green light in his shadow.

The leaders cultivation was not laughable, he reached within the boundaries of ascending into an immortal but remained in the mortal realm to flaunt his power.

He wouldn't hold a candle to immortals if he ever ascended, so he chose to remain as the most powerful human refusing to move on.

"Pesky human, dare to enter my forest, kill my subjects and expect to return alive?"

Glaring at the man, Rao bared his teeth as he waited for the right moment.

They always say the first to strike always losses, but that only applied if you were weaker then your opponent.

Releasing his power, the mist solidified into floating crystals that hovered over the battlefield ready to impale his enemies.

Growling at the man, Rao pounced forward grabbing the sword he prides more than his life.

With a snap, the sword known as the "harbinger of death" broke into pieces flying towards its own wielder.

Skidding backwards, the sect leader pulled out a bell and threw it towards Rao.