Ch 5.6

Three days later Lan Ruru was found dead in his dorm room.

The police ruled it off as suicide as the victim ingestered a concentrated dose of recin and showed signs of thallium poisoning also known as rat poison. He died on his bed holding two bottles and left a suicide note by his bedside with only the words 'I'm Sorry'. With no other clues to go on or any signs of struggle, the case was closed and kept secret from the media to prevent any reputation damage.

Holding his phone in a death grip, Tai Qing cried out wanting the pain to fade away. He couldn't accept that his love had any reason to take his own life when they were so happy, just the night before they were chatting over the phone and he thought life couldn't get any better. A love, friends and the countless things they could've done together all disappeared.

The pain and suffering completely ruined him, he wanted to follow him, and he did.

Three days after Lan Ruru died, a day before their exams began, Tai Qing suicided. He chose to end his life in the same room his lover died unwilling to be away from him even after death. Their love may have been short but he knew they were meant to be together and no one, no one in this world could have filled the gap in his heart.

In their dorm room, Ru Ran was sleeping in Bai Mo Xuan's bed. His red rimmed eyes from emptying out his tears a second time tore a heart in his lovers heart but the only thing he could do for him was being there.

Snow and Yu Meng sat silently in front of the window, watching the rain cascade down the glass. The veil of water expressed the sadness of everyone within the room who shed all their tears and grieved for their friend.

"Ne system"

"It wasn't"

"You know what I'm gonna ask?"

"Was Lan Ruru's death really suicide"

"Then why... if it wasn't suicide then why'd he leave that note?"

Maybe travelling through the worlds and being loved relaxed his brain, he couldn't think of anything or any reason that he would die.

"Lan Riri hired the canteen staff to place the poison in your owner's wine glass, during the commotion, Lan Ruru switched the glasses and drank the poison. Knowing he was gonna die, he left a note for Tai Qing hoping he'd live but..."

He didn't need to say it, it already happened. Tai Qing didn't want to separate and followed his lover in death.

Snow was there, he listened to Lan Riri instruct Lan Ruru to kill Yu Meng and frame Tai Qing but knowing the Lan Ruru from the original story, he knew he wouldn't do it. The Lan Ruru from the original story was a kind man who helped anyone who needed it whether it was his enemy or his friends. When the Yu couple and children died, he was the one who created a grave for them even if their corpses had long since been destroyed. When Ru Ran died under Yu Xiao's schemes, he was the one who returned the body to his parents.

For every bad deed his sister did, he gave more to the people who needed it. The man who deserves to live more than any protagonist in the many world he travelled through is dead. He died as an atonement for his sister in her original life yet she remains unremorseful and passes on his death as a troublesome matter.

Hearing of the death of their little dreams classmate, Ning Lou and Yu Yan wanted to take Yu Meng and Snow back but Yu Meng refused. Even if Snow wanted to be by his owner, his desire to be away from the school was greater so he followed the Yu couple and returned to the mansion. He promised to return after a month when his heart had calmed down.

The first week was hard, Snow refused to eat much and just sat on his perch not uttering a single word, the second week was better with Snow willing to sit in the garden looking melancholic at the flowers, the third week took a turn for the worse after Yu Wu and Skylar visited reminding him of the time he scratched Lan Riri. He kept thinking, why didn't I just kill her? Even if he was a bird, he had the ability to just slit her throat and kill her. The fourth week he'd recovered and bottled his sadness away, coping with the sadness and tried to move on.

When he returned, he found out that Yu Xiao accused Yu Meng of cheating during the exam which caused a huge sensation in the university. Cheating here and being caught was a death sentence, you'd have no hope for any other universities and banned from any education institute. Luckily, Yu Meng had enough evidence to backfire the accusations and proved innocent by the professors. It was also at that time that they met Lan Ruru's father, the esteemed professor of A University, Lan Ruan.

After Snow returned to school, the first thing he did was stalk Lan Ruan. He wanted to know if he grieved for his son's death or was he like his daughter and wife, conniving people who trampled on the lives of others.

Removing his glasses, Lan Ruan rubbed his eyes softly. Putting his glasses back on, he stared at something in his drawer before closing it and leaving for his next lecture.

Sneaking into the window, Snow pulled open the drawer and peered inside. The only thing that laid in the draw was a photo. A photo of a young boy who was holding a teddy bear smiling at the camera.

"At least... one of his family will remember him"

Closing the drawer, he flew off onto Yu Meng chest and clutched onto there indefinitely.