Ch 3.4

Purring lightly, Snow accompanied the emperor to stare at the setting sun, the orange glow shone on his fur making it shine lightly in the emperor's eyes.

"Snow..."

"Meow"

"... Are you a spirit?"

Swinging his tail, Snow just yawned in reply.

Hearing the emperor laugh almost unnoticeably, Snow pawed his stomach in protest.

"I wish... You are more than a cat..."

A dim light flashed through Wu Cang's eyes before quickly disappearing, holding Snow on his shoulders, he began descending carefully down the tree.

"Your majesty! Please refrain from doing such dangerous activities!"

A wrinkly faced eunuch was standing worriedly underneath the tree waiting for the emperor, his dark green eunuch uniform made Snow want to poke a few holes in it.

The horsetail whisp fluttered lightly as he hurried after the emperor walking to the dining area.

When a plate of fish was placed in front of him, Snow tried to not look eager as he inhaled the food. The food definitely was a few times more tasty then what the chefs at the imperial concubine's courtyard could smuggle for him.

"Your majesty"

A shadow guard held a scroll for the emperor, he kept his head down and Snow started waving his paws in his face.

Feeling mischievous, he started climbing his clothing created tiny holes as he rose higher. Arriving at his destination, he unsheathed his claws and slid it lightly over the man's chin. Seeing him not even shudder a little, Snow moved his evil claws lower to his throat checking if his adam's apple even moved.

It didn't

Feeling bored at the man's non-reaction, he sat himself back down and continued eating his meal.

Wu Cang could see his shadow guard resist the urge to swat the cat away when the claws approached his face.

"This is the Imperial Physicians report on the vase"

Taking the scroll, he started reading when he narrowed his eyes. Glancing at the eating cat, he placed some beef onto a plate and moved it closer.

"..."

The shadow guard could only hide his horror when he saw the normally nitpicky emperor who would never dine with anyone actually clip food for a cat.

"Watch her more closely"

"Yes your majesty"

"Also..."

"Check where Snow came from"

"That..."

"Hmm?"

Blatantly eavesdropping, Snow licked his paw while enjoying the secret meeting going on during dinner.

"Shadow guard Fuo said he saw the cat at Imperial concubine Shi's courtyard"

"..."

"And... It was running around looking for food"

How dare he!

Does this shadow guard not know about keeping dark history history? Enraged, Snow unsheathed his claws again and gracefully jumped onto his shoulder and scratched the smooth face.

Holding in his scream, the shadow guard shook off Snow then jumped three steps backwards.

"Hissss"

Hissing in anger, he wanted to claw his mouth. He hoped no one saw him shamefully being kicked around by some of the servants and concubine Shi. That would really make Snow start killing some people.

Waving at the shadow guard, Wu Cang cocked his eyes brow when he saw Snow still hissing at the air.

"He's gone already"

"Mreow!"

Huffing in annoyance, he jumped onto the emperor's lap and clawed at his dragon robe.

"..."

Is he taking the Imperial robe as a scratching post!!?

Sighing in acceptance, he brought the agitated cat back into his room and ordered for two baths.

"Your majesty, please let this maid wash Snow"

Indifferently glancing at the two, he waved for them to leave them alone.

Standing on the table, Snow used his paws to make ripples in the water.

"Meow"

Jumping into the water he started swimming in leisure, the temperature was just right but they obviously didn't think to put some sort of stool in here.

"Meow!"

Hey, help me!

Wu Cang enjoyed watching Snow swim around in the small tub that was still a few times bigger than the kitten. When he started meowing for help, Wu Cang grabbed Snow out of the tub and placed a box inside the water.

Placing Snow back in, he squirted some shampoo into his hand and began giving Snow his first bath in this world.

Feeling content with the gentle treatment, Snow allowed Wu Cang to scrub all around his body. After he was cleaned until perfection, he was rubbed dry then placed onto the bed as Wu Cang took his own bath.

He noticed some extra pieces of soft fabric on the bed and brought them into a corner to create his little nest, maybe it was because he felt slightly less secure being a female, but he stacked his walls higher to block out all outsider.

Staring at Snow's nest, a unknown light flashed by the emperors eyes.