Ch 4.9

Coming to the hotpot must've been Lu Meng's most regretful decision. Li Ran plus his bodyguard invited his own sister (Twin older sister!), and the Qui Twins to a small gathering but everyone was ogling Snow.

"Awww, I knew you'd all love Snow"

"Li Ran... Who's this?"

A man in a wheelchair looked suspiciously at this handsome and fairly young man who arrived at the gathering.

"That my dears Rui Is Lu Meng, the new actor under my manager"

"New actor?"

Hearing a conformation, Qui Rui put his guard down and smiled brightly.

"Hi, my names Qui Rui and also Ruo's twin brother"

"OMG what luck your also a twin?"

Lu Feng twirled the wheelchair scaring the wheelchair bound person.

"Lighten up! You seen like desolate guy in a wheelchair"

"Cause I am one..."

"Don't be all negative at me! Today we're here to enjoy hotpot!"

Qui Rui couldn't resist a smile at her energetic display.

Qui Rou since the start had already been fighting against Lu Meng for the right to pat Snow while Pei Mo sat silently observing Li Ran.

"So system"

"Yeah?"

"Qui Rui's leg paralysis was because of poison right?"

"Correct"

"Then buy a cure-all-poison pill"

A Ding resounded and a pill appeared in his hand. Hiding the pill in his food pouch, he waited when no-one was looking (Very hard moment of inattention) and spit the pill into Qui Rui's drink.

"Ok, one mission done"

"Two out of five, keep up the good work"

"You've definitely gotten more character"

"Is that a good or bad thing?"

"Look, your even questioning me now"

"Hmm"

Looking at Lu Meng, Snow's heart jittered excitedly.

"I think... maybe one day you can even come to love like humans"

"Why would I want that?"

"When you love... everything is just different"

"Whatever, I'm going now"

Coming back to the hotpot, he watched as Li Ran fought with Lu Feng trying to snatch different pieces of meat.

Scurrying up to Qui Rou, he sat on her palm and squeak softly. Her gentle patting started lulling him to sleep, the delicious seeds in his stomach might have also been the blame...

"Awww, little Snow really likes you Rou"

She remained unresponsive but her smile told everything.

"You know what..."

Lu Feng held a can of beer in her hand as she looked at Qui Rou.

"You're beautiful when you smile"

She smiled brightly as she chugged down the rest of the beer then promptly fell onto the table.

Qui Rou felt her heart beat for a moment and a blush crawling up her neck.

"I'm not dropping her home" Lu Meng

"Me neither" Li Ran

"..." Pei Mo

"I don't think I can..." Qui Rui

"... me?" Qui Rou

Giving back Snow to Lu Meng, she picked up the drunk Lu Feng and dragged her to the car waiting for her.

"Aww, Okay hotpot over now. Bye bye"

A slightly tipsy Li Ran was dragged by a silent bodyguard to the car and fled the scene.

Qui Rui wheeled himself out and waved goodbye to Snow in which Snow waved back.

"Squeak squeak squeak" (Today was fun)

"Hmm"

A comfortable silence enveloped them as they drove home, no words or squeaks were needed to convey their feelings.