Ch 3.7

Hiding on top of a cabinet, she tried to get some leisure time from her jumpy kittens.

"Mummy mummy! Play with us!"

Counting the kittens clawing at the cabinet, she noticed one of them was missing.

She had four kittens and only one looked like her.

It was quite sad how out of the four, three were boys with black fur and only the white one was a female.

"Where's your sister?"

"Meow!"

Tackled from behind, Snow unceremoniously fell onto her paws.

"Mummy~~~"

Smugly smirking down at her fallen mother, Silvy gleefully followed down nudging her in the face.

"Damnit! Why did you learn to climb so quickly!"

Bristling, Snow ran out of the room followed by four kittens. It was quite a funny sight seeing the emperor's beloved cat strolling around the palace like she owned it with four kittens following it.

"Meow?"

Losing the ground, she blinked confusingly until the assailant nuzzled her back.

"Snow"

Swishing her tail in acknowledgement, she licked his cheek in return.

"Mreow"

Sitting comfortably on his shoulder, she joined the ministers daily court meeting.

"Your majesty, this minister pleads for you to produce an heir"

Bowing in respect, all the ministers repeated in unison.

"Your majesty is not young in years, this country needs a crown prince who will one day inherit the throne"

Silence filled the courtroom broken by a soft meow.

"Meow"

Woken up from her beauty sleep, she jumped off his shoulder and left the room to find her kittens.

"I will think of something"

"May you live for thousands of years!"

Getting some type of answer from the emperor brought tears to the old ministers, the new emperor has never indulged in carnal desires worrying his subjects whether the emperor 'couldn't get it up'.

"Morning court is over, return"

"Minister understand"

Leaving the room, Wu Cang leisurely walked to his room changing out of his stuffy imperial robes.

Spending the entire afternoon playing with the happy family, he grudgingly read over the memorials stamping what needs to be stamped, raging at whatever needed to be raged at and writing some letters.

"It's going to be my birthday soon"

"Mreow"

Laying on his lap, she was enjoying an afternoon pat when the subject suddenly popped out of nowhere.

"What will you get me?"

Get you? Do you think I'm supposed to be sentiment enough to get you a present?

Contrary to her thoughts, she was already planning out how to get him a gift.

"Have you forgotten what happens on the emperor's birthday?"

"..."

"I forgot"

Cursing his own lax actions, Snow mentally gave herself an hour long lecture.

On the emperors 25th birthday, the protagonist and his entourage of traitorous ministers will poison all the food killing almost all of the emperor's remaining loyal henchmen. Capturing the emperor, he took over the throne and scheduled his execution for all the people to see. The empress luckily managed to escape from the palace before Shi Mao Lian could imprison her. On the day of the execution, the empress returned with the remaining subordinates and killed many of the protagonist brothers in arm, the emperor was killed by the protagonist and the empress killed his daughter as revenge.

When Fu Shao found his daughters corpse, he was enraged watching his love cry. After they finally caught the ex-empress, Shi Mao Lian tortured for for 49 days before hanging her mangled body on the palace walls. Overcoming the trials together, they were hailed as the most loving country in all ancient history.

"Three days left"

"You should just get him a present"

"Wait, you telling me to get someone a present? Has someone rewritten your 'eternal indifference to humanity' coding?"

"Shut up"

"Shutting up"

Mulling day and night on what gift she should give, the birthday arrived faster than an express train.

Dressed in a bright red cape and a small jewel crown on her head, it highlighted her beautiful pure white fur in the candlelight.