Ch 6.5

He didn't know what happened.

Logically he knew L shouldn't be dead, but the bond between them disappeared.

Even in their first world together, although there wasn't any magical ties he was always there, in front of him, with a steady heart to tell Shuu 'hey, I'm alive'.

But now... nothing.

It was as if he never existed, L the psycho killer and future murderer of the protagonist, L the one who caused mass murder wherever he set foot and L, the one Shuu loved.

They disappeared, they left him alone, the thought of his soul being obliterated scared Shuu.

What if it was true? His system already explained what the necklace does.

It was known as "Eternal surrender", a magical artifact created from the millions of lives lost due to the cooling period of the sun. The millions of souls who couldn't rest In peace from the plague that slowly ebbed away at their lives.

Their rage and fear created this artifact, an artifact that will trap any soul and slowly be devoured by the pain.

And the scariest thing? It was created with no backspace. Once trapped, there wasn't any hope of ever coming out.

"Host... your mission progress is complete"

"Complete... how?"

"When the villain took your place inside the artifact, it was classified as killing the villain"

His hurt heart ached terribly at the systems words.

So... He killed him?

He killed his lover? The one he swore to protect?

"Host, It wasn't your fault"

"There are inevitable factors that will occur throughout the timeline of life"

"One mistake will not collapse the entire scale"

"If his soul managed to travel through worlds with retained memories, there is a high chance of his position or importance within the reincarnation cycle to be within the controlling sector"

"There is still a chance for him to escape the artifact or move on to another world unharmed"

That's right, how did he forget?

His lover was always with him, from the moment he became Snow, he was tied to his existence. Nothing could break them apart.

He'll wait for him, he'll wait for L to return no matter how long it takes.

When Rao managed to organise his mind, a month had already passed from the massacre.

Nar assumed his duty as king and moved the undersurface world back to mirror lake, Mao and Wen WuLing visited everyday to check on Rao making sure he was fed even in his dazed out state.

"Brother!!"

Mao hugged his brothers conscious body. He couldn't stand to see the lifeless slump everyday and only wanted the brother who teased him everyday to return.

Wen WuLing was partly glad that Rao returned because of the changes that occurred in Mirror forest and partly glad because Mao and his 'activities' were all placed on halt until Rao got better.

Hugging him back, Rao let a single drop of tear escape his eyes.

He wasn't alone, he had friends and family in this world that would wait for him.

He was going to wait a long time.

And Rao was willing.