Ch 4.5

After Lu Meng was whisked away, Li Ran strolled toward his car while looking at some nit nats on the street.

"Ohhhh this would be adorable on you!"

Tying a little red ribbon on his neck, Li Ran would've probably squealed if he was not in public.

Poking the dangling thing on his neck, Snow kinda liked the gentle weight on his neck.

"Squeak" (Thanks)

A shiny silver Koenigsegg Trevita was parked in the shade away sparing Snow from a horrible light reflection attack.

"Don't move around okay? Your owner would probably kill me if you got hurt."

"Squeak squeak" (Okay okay)

Buckling Snow's tiny body onto the seat, they drove around the area admiring the scenery. Correction Li Ran admiring the scenery.

"SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK!!! (ARE YOU BULLYING ME!!!)

Resolutely crawling out of the seatbelt, Snow climbed up to sit on the windowsill looking out.

"Haha I'm sorry, I Shouldn't of—-"

CRASH

Flying forward, Snow painfully hit the front glass.

"Snow!"

Ignoring the blood trickling down his forehead, Li Ran gathered the disoriented hamster cradling him to his chest.

"Snow please don't play dead right now!"

Lying weakly in the warm palm, Snow tried to will away his clouded mind.

Searching for the closest vet, Li Ran was on the verge of a heart attack.

Remembering his current predicament, he grabbed a blank check and wrote a 4 million bill. After chucking it at the other crashed party, he drove off breaking the speed limit.

"Sir, that man who crashed into us left a check"

Holding the flimsy piece of paper, the man slightly lifted his lip.

"He Ran?"

"Where is he?"

"He has just drove off sir"

"Why"

"He seemed to be holding a rat in his arms"

"Hm"

Storing the check in his pocket, he tried to hide his growing smile.

____________________

Sitting outside in the waiting room, Li Ran felt his heart pounding madly.

Seeing the veterinarian finally exit the room, Li Ran was ready to swarm him with questions.

"The hamster's fine, just a little disoriented and instincts made him freeze"

Sighing in relief, he slumped onto the chair calming down.

"Then can I bring Snow home now?"

"Yes, he's fine to go now but you need to get your head checked"

A little carrier box was given to Li Ran with a sleeping Snow within.

"I'm so sorry"

"If only I focused on the road..."

Li Ran felt a sudden sadness as if he failed already once upon a time. A deep stabbing pain spread from his chest to his very soul.

Breaking into Lu Meng's house, Li Ran laid on the comfortable couch with a hamster cradled to his chest. Only with the warmth against him did he feel at ease, the worries and pain just floats away even the bandages on his head felt less annoying.

A loud bang interrupted the silence as Lu Meng stormed in and grabbed Snow.

Twisting the little creature left and right he poked several spots and only felt relieved when Snow didn't react in pain.

Scornfully glaring at Li Ran, Lu Meng was ready to shed blood.

"Squeak squeak squeak" (It wasn't his fault)

Frowning in displeasure, Lu Meng caressed Snow's head.

"Squeak Squeak Squeak" (I distracted him and we crashed)

Snuggling into his palm, Snow squeaked in satisfaction.

Sending the crestfallen person to a spare bedroom, Lu Meng burrowed into the blanket with Snow in his arms.

"Don't scare me like that again"

"Squeak squeak" (I'm sorry)

"Don't apologise, just promise you won't do something like this again"

"Squeak squeak squeak squeak" (I promise I won't distract the driver)

"That's not why I'm angry!"

Pinning Snow to the bed, Lu Meng coldly stared at the tiny figure.

"You could've died today! Do you know what I mean? You die, dead, gone forever"

Looking up at his owner, Snow's heart pounded painfully against his ribs.

He's... crying?

Warm tears trickled down the currently broken mask. The sadness reflected in his eyes made Snow regret everything.

Why did I have to worry him like this?

Why couldn't I be obedient?

Why... why do I love him?

Escaping Lu Meng's now loosened death grip, he crawled up the sunken arms.

Outstretching his body, he gave Lu Meng's lip a soft kiss.

"squeak"

Stunned silly, he observed the hamster giving himself pepper kisses on his lip.

Pressing his cracked lips to Snows head, Lu Meng hugged the apologetic hamster to sleep while tears continued trickling down his face.