Ch 1.10 (Arc 1 End)

He's gone, my companion who has stayed with me for 14 years has finally reached the end of his lifespan.

The white samoyed lay lifeless on the silky bed, its fur was properly groomed and the previously wet fur had dried.

Su Meng personally carried Snow to the crematorium, he needed to be the last person to see Snow before he became fiery ashes.

Su Meng prepared a grand funeral for Snow, he held Snows urn from the crematorium to the scenic hill he had chosen to be Snows last resting place. Atop the hill, the ashes of the items Snow loved were scattered into the wind.

A hymn was played throughout the ceremony. Its ethereal voice reminded him of what he truly lost.

What burned in the fire wasn't only Snow, his weary heart had joined him when he buried Snows remains.

Standing beside Su Meng, He Ran held his tears back as his husband comforted him. The only ones who truly were able to connect with Snow were them. They loved Snow as much as the moon loved the sun.

Watching what happened afterwards, Shuu frowned and paused the playing movie.

"Hey system"

"Yeah?"

"What happened here?"

It wasn't really noticeable but Shuu had a feeling something changed after his funeral. It was like Su Meng was Su Meng but not the same? It was like looking into a mirror to see someone else's reflection.

It was wrong.

"Hmm, anomaly happened in this world but it shouldn't affect him"

The system was also puzzled, only the system god can correct an anomaly in the worlds so he couldn't do anything about it.

"I'll report it and see if father could fix it"

"Hmm"

Turning off the screen, Shuu walked into his personal bedroom and decided to sleep for a bit. No doubt he loved Su Meng.

Su Meng was willing to give him everything and in return, Shuu would give everything he could back. 

Being treasured used to feel off for Shuu but now he could happily be the apple in Su Meng's eyes. 

Having to separate after 14 years together made Shuu sad. Shuu felt heartbroken remembering Su Meng's crying face, he wanted to lick away the tears and nuzzle him til he smiled again.

He never cried when he was still alive.

He was always with him and never gave him a chance to be sad, they lived their life filled with happiness till the very end and Shuu had no regrets.

"System, I want to be a pet again in my next world"