Ch 3.6

Time was like water, the once crawling kittens were now bounding around trying to trip their own mother.

Playing catch the tail with one of her kittens, she listened to the officers commencing their secret talk.

"Has he replied yet?"

"Yeah, he said we was willing to bring down the emperor as long as he is given the left prime ministers after the reform"

"Minister Wuan is too greedy! He's only a minister with a little more power and he wants that position?"

"But without him, we can't do anything to hinder the relief plan..."

"We'll have to get rid of him later, but for now just agree to his conditions"

"Ok, were meeting at Drunken Maiden tavern in 3 days. Bring him along"

"I'll contact him"

Swishing her tail, Snow mirthfully purred as she watched the two ministers scurry off to complete their tasks.

A few days later, sitting at the table, Snow didn't have the appetite to enjoy the flavourful meal displayed in front of her.

"Not hungry?"

Resting her head on the table, she stared at the contradicting face to his words person sitting beside her.

Jumping onto his lap, she grabbed his sleeve pulling him to follow.

The maids respectfully bowed as they passed. Making their way back to the emperors abode, she scratched at the closet until he opened it.

Picking out a set, Snow collected the robe and unceremoniously dropped it to the ground signalling for him to wear it.

Sneaking through the crevices and secret doors, they escaped the supposedly-highest security palace and went exploring the outside world enjoying the smell of freedom.

"Mreow Mreow Mreow Mreow"

Singing a little song in cat language, Snow sauntered down the busy street dodging the traffic of robes.

"Snow"

Finally grabbing the walking cat, Wu Cang ponders if he should place a leash on her.

"It's dangerous, don't walk"

Placing the cat into his arms, he continued travelling down the street until Snow began meowing.

"?"

"Meow!"

Escaping his hold, she ran into the Drunken Maiden Tavern then sat inert on a table in the corner.

"Hungry now?"

"Meow!"

Ordering some dishes for Snow, he sat on the slightly creaky seat playing with her.

"So why did you bring me outside"

Swishing her tail, she looked toward the entrance waiting for the main actors to arrive.

Seeing the funky looking minister stumbling suspiciously into the tavern, Snow wondered if he needed lessons in "How to be a good rebel".

Listening in on their 'secret conversation', Snow relished in the feeling of knowing every evil thing happening behind the scenes.

"Meow Meow Meow"

Running out of the tavern after the rebels left, she started sauntering down the street again but this time, there was barely anyone roaming with her.

The twilight sky glowed a deep orange and dark blue.

Sitting on top of a fence, Snow stared longingly at the sunset.

Xi Meng... Are you in this world?

Tears trickled down his furry face. Have you ever seen a cat cry?

I miss you... I wish I could see you again

The view was breathtaking yet all Snow could feel was sorrow.

Why. What was the purpose of travelling so many worlds with neither goal nor hope.

There was never any promises of returning to his original world not that he wanted to, there was never joy nor care as he completed whatever his system tasked him to do but now, all he could feel was sorrow.

"Ne system"

"Yeah?"

"Will there ever be a day this is over?"

"You can end it at anytime now"

"What?"

Flabbergasted, Shuu nearly fell from the fence.

"I could end it anytime I wanted?"

"You have completed over a hundred worlds with a success rate of over 90%. You have passed the requirements for extracting yourself from a systems control to join the reincarnation cycle"

"Reincarnation cycle..."

The sky's red hue had already been devoured by the infectious night.

How nice would it be if I never existed.

Meowing at Wu Cang, he wanted to return to the palace for the night.