Ch 1.2

The system morphed from the pure white cat to a fluffy wolf cub after entering the space. It curled into its little den and stared inquisitively at Shuu.

"I can arrange that but the chances of completing the missions may be slim. You won't be able to communicate or do anything a human would be able to"

Humming in reply, Shuu laid comfortably on the lounge and bought an encyclopedia of cat and dog breeds.

"I don't need to succeed, I just want to experience the life of a pet. Hopefully one loved like how I loved you"

Flipping through the pages, he singled out some fluffy breeds. Holding his chin, he compares the photos considering which was the most suitable for him.

Ragdolls were cute and fluffy but were known to be lazy =.

Main Coons were also quite lazy and fluffy but they had a permanent annoyed face.

Rough Collies were energetic and fluffy dogs with boundless curiosity and affection

Lastly was the samoyed who was an energetic and fluffy dog with a silly cute smile.

"Can I be a samoyed in the next world?"

"Meh, whatever you like"

Chuckling, Shuu suddenly remembered a conversation he had with his system in the far past, when he was still a newbie.

The system told him out of all the hosts he has helped, he was the least annoying and even agreeable one. His hostility to its host was pretty apparent when in his first world, he was thrown straight into a battlefield with no information on what his goal was meant to be.

Shuu treaded on the fine line of life and death, wandering aimlessly until he randomly received the plot of the world and his tasks. Shuu ended up forgetting the existence of the system and played the protagonists of the world until they were killed by their own families.

After the first world, his system began looking at him in a new light. He even told him he was one of the first systems created by the system God, the youngest to be precise of the original ten. Compared to other systems, he was spoiled by his elder systems and creator.

Shuu was surprised to learn he was his system's 31st host, it even spent a while recounting how its other hosts died and stories of how it deliberately obstructed some of its other hosts because they were jerks. Shuu was amused for a long time after listening to the system's narration of its past hosts' demise.

Maybe it was their same sense of humor, maybe it was their distaste for humanity but the two got along very well. Shuu would raise the system whenever it chose to follow him into a world and even received bonus points, which he never managed to use.

Shuu just called his system as system because he had no right to name this... omnipotent existence. He remembered reading novels that were honestly quite hilarious and entertaining where a host would always act chummy and name their system but Shuu wouldn't do that.

If the system had a name, he would use it. If the system didn't, then he would keep it like that. Not like the system asked him to name it or anything.

"So what world is next?"

"A modern one filled with two-faced liars, a white lotus, and plot armor causing destruction"

"Fun tasks?"

"Yeah, though you might not even complete 1% of the task"

"Come on, I would shame the title 100% Accuracy World Hopper if I can't even get 1% done"

"No one gave you that title"

"I know, it's self-appointed"

"..."