Ch 5.5

Midterms was quickly approaching sending every student huddling in the library trying to cram every lesson of the year into their mind. Snow being the freeloader of the school enjoyed watching them frantically study high in the sky and occasionally laughing in front of them.

"S-sister... please don't do this..."

"Shut Up! I swear how did mother have such a weak willed bastard like you as a son"

Lan Riri hid behind the male dorm relaying the orders to her younger brother, Lan Ruru.

"All you have to do is slip this poison in Tai Qing's bag and add poison to Yu Meng's food, how hard is that?"

Close to tears, Lan Ruru grabbed onto his sisters arms begging her to stop.

"Why! C-Can't we just leave them alone?"

"Spineless S***, all the pain mother suffered at the hands of that guys mother and you don't want to avenge her? Be the filial son you're supposed to be and kill him!"

"K-killing is a crime sister!"

"I don't care! He's lived his life in riches, if It weren't for that b**** Ning Lou we would be the ones surnamed Yu!"

Completely ignoring her brother, she threatened him with their mother and pushed him towards the dorm.

Hugging the bottle close to his chest, Lan Ruru calmed his raging heart by chanting sutras in his mind.

__________________________________________________________________

"Food! I'm hungry!"

Heading to the cafeteria, Snow kept chanting for food despite already eating his morning seeds. Yu Meng tried to resist the laugh bubbling from his mouth but accompanied by Ru Ran's food dance and Bai Mo Xuan's accompanied helpless look sent him into one of his rare laughing moments.

"Little dream is laughing~ Little dream is laughing~" [Snow]

When they arrived at their destination, they collected their meals and sat at their usual table, unlike normal days, there was another person beside Tai Qing who generally saves the seat for them.

"Who's this?" [Snow]

"Hey guys! Umm, I'd first like to ask two things before I introduce you guys"

"Sqwark?"

"First, what do you think about... gays?"

"We're lovers" [Ru Ran & Bai Mo Xuan]

Their synchronized answers caused both of them to blush hard and trying to hide their faces by turning the other way.

"I love Snow" [Yu Meng]

"Me too! Love you!" [Snow]

Giving a quick peck to Snow's beak, Yu Meng began eating his food.

"Second, do you think I'm the type to have a boyfriend?"

"By analysing your love based question, I can conclude the guy next to you is your boyfriend?" [Ru Ran]

Feeling fiddlish, Tai Qing grabbed the guys hand and proudly showcased their entwined fingers.

"W-We've been going out for half a year now and... I wanted to tell you guys. Meet Lan Ruru my boyfriend"

"H-hi, n-nice to meet you"

Overcoming his shyness, Lan Ruru gave them a greeting and shuffled closer to Tai Qing.

"U-um, C-can I give a toast to my b-boyfriends friends?"

Mustering up all his courage, Lan Ruru puffed up his chest and held his glass of wine in the air. Their cafeteria served the widest range of food available and even wine could be bought as long as it was only one standard cup per person a day.

Raising all their glasses which were filled with wine, they gave a toast to Lan Ruru. Just as they were about to drink a commotion stirred from behind Yu meng and Ru Ran.

"Bastard! You think you're all great with that 'princely' aura of yours but you're no better than any of us! F****** rich boy born with a silver spoon doesn't deserve my respect!"

Hearing a fight break out against Yu Xiao, Tai Qing stood up to join the fight. The fight lasted for a minute in which Tai Qing received a hit to the face and Yu Xiao had a broken arm.

"Pei! Fights like a sissy!"

Returning to his seat, he looked pitifully at Lan Ruru trying to garner some comfort points.

"There there, have a candy"

Fishing a milk flavoured candy from his pocket, he opened the wrapper and fed it to Tai Qing. Overcome by happiness he quickly ate the candy and kissed Lan Ruru hard on the lips.

"As much as I love that you're getting along, please not at the cafeteria?"

Embarrassed again, Lan Ruru tried to dispel the awkwardness by raising his glass again. Smiling goofily, Ru Ran returned the gensture and added a sentence for their newest companion.

"A toast for our brother, Tai Qing and his love, Lan Ruru!" [Ru Ran]

Drinking their wine in one go, they savoured the moment chatting leisurely in the afternoon. Snow noticed Lan Ruru seemed reluctant to leave Tai Qing's side but passed it off as their 'honeymoon' period.

If only he knew what was wrong, maybe the tragedy wouldn't have happened.