Ch 2.3

The chariot driven by four flying beasts was parked just a few trees away, it was quite nice to sit comfortably in a carriage as it flew through the air without turbulence.

"Raira! How can your partner bully me like that!"

Grabbing the spider with his tail, Snow put him back onto his head to placate the agitated arachnid. He was hanging off the chariots roof with a single thread before it left making him suffer from the wind the entire time.

"Who's that?"

"A friend"

Refusing to say any more to Xi Meng, Snow closed his eyes ready to take a nap.

When he woke up, it had already turned dark. He was yet again placed on the pillow and left alone in the huge room.

"Raira, Raira!"

"Call me Snow"

"Snow? Did the human name you?"

"..."

The spider was crying droplets of tears which landed on Snow's face making him send the spider flying to the floor.

"Come on!"

A youth suddenly appeared in front of Snow cradling the snake to his chest.

"My poor Raira! Your parents would kill me if they knew I failed to protect their precious child!"

"THAT'S ENOUGH URATA"

The youth pouted at the snake who dared to call his name.

"Pu Pu"

Twirling the snake in circles, he ignored the dark faced man who was on the verge of summonly his sword.

"Put. Him. Down."

Xi Meng's grip on the sword was strong enough to turn his knuckles white.

Escaping Urata's grasp, he slid back onto his comfy pillow and rested his head.

"Who are you?"

"My name is Uta in the human tongue"

"Did Snow have a name?"

"Yes he did, but you human dared to force a bond on him! Raira belongs to the frozen abyss!"

Xi Meng was honestly curious what name he called out. He couldn't connect it to anything which might be Snow's name in the beast tongue.

"Ray, my name's Ray in the human tongue. But I like Snow better"

Xi Meng grabbed Snow from where he lay and left for the training grounds.

"System, how's the protagonist"

"Beautiful"

"Then I definitely disfigured him"

You have to know that the systems definition of beautiful is either people's faces getting ruined for their karma or pure. The real kind not the fake kind.

"Show me a pic!"

A picture was broadcasted in Snow's brain and he was totally satisfied. The protagonist has two fang marks on his left cheek and Snow's poison made him... Impotent.

His face is so out of proportion now that it wasn't even funny to laugh at. The extra two dots would never heal again and would remain a scar forever on his 'handsome' face, see if he could seduce people with his face now!

Humming in satisfaction, Snow watched from the sideline as Xi Meng started parrying blows with the laughing shadow who first met him.

Deciding to join the battle, Snow upsized himself and slithered closer to the unsuspected prey.

When the man was most vulnerable, Snow coiled his body around the man's arm and legs then placed his fangs on the man's adam's apple.

"I CONCEDE!"

The man stopped breathing in fear that I would puncture one of his fatal spots.

Releasing the man, Snow shrunk himself and looked with teary eyes at Xi Meng.

"It was only revenge okay?"

Slithering closer to Xi Meng, Snow rubbed his head onto his robe to sell Meng for the day to distract him from all the 'I nearly killed your friend'.

"Meng'er! That snake nearly killed me!"

The other man jumped 10 metres away from Snow with his guard up.

"Stop exaggerating Wei Ran, Snow was only helping me win faster"

Wei Ran? Is he Wei Cui's brother?"

The entire reason the strongest demonic sect was defeated by the protagonist was because he charmed one of the demonic sect leaders trusted subordinates little sister who poisoned everyone before they launched an attack.

Not everyone was affected but the protagonist and his halo completely shrouded the villains powers and caused him to die a horrible death.

"So what is the protagonist doing right now?"

"In three days he will enter the Drunken Moon brothel and meet one of the harem members Fai Ki, leader of the brothel who sells both pleasure and intel"

"Oh"

Snow seriously wonders how the protagonist would survive if they didn't have their halo. The protagonist managed to get Fai Ki on his side because he exchanged great poetry in the Drunken Moon brothel. Fai Ki admired modest scholars and the protagonist of course 'accidently' acted like a gentleman in the brothel.

"What a hypocrite"

"Well at least he is forced to be a gentleman now"

"True"

Now that his little brother is out of commission, he certainly can't do anything non-gentleman with the ladies there.

"Just imagining him wanting something so close yet so far is so satisfying! Now I want food"

Nudging Xi Meng, Snow just stared into his eyes demanding food.

"Hungry? What do you want to eat?"

"Meat!"

Taking the hungry snake back to the room, Xi Meng ordered his servants to prepare meat of all kinds to see which his snake fancies as meat is a pretty vast concept.

Swallowing the rabbit meat until his belly bulged, Snow snuggled on to his pillow which now has an additional heat stone underneath it. The warmth was really comfortable for the cold-blooded snake so Snow yawned then quickly drifted off to dreamland to have some fun.

Unknowingly to him, the few dewdrops that gathered at his eyes and silver scales with satisfied written all over him dealt a big blow to the normally stone-faced demon.

"Meng'er"

"Hmm"

"Can I keep this spider?"

Little Uta was currently hanging off the roof looking vigilantly at the two, when Wei Ran asked the despicable human for himself, he shot a spider web as hard as mythril at his face.

"Don't think just because I haven't done anything means I won't"

His threatening sentence was completely ignored by the two as they started negotiating the terms.

"Three thousand gold"

"Seven"

"Five thousand plus a Gale Pendant"

"Five plus the pendant and a Phoenix Stone"

"What do you need the Phoenix stone for?"

"Keeping warm"

"But you use your own qi to do it!"

"For Snow"

"..."

"ARGGG FINE!"

Defeated, Wei Ran can only surrender to this unfair transaction and receive the struggling spider who was placed into a spiritual cage.

Humming to himself, Wei Ran ran off to play with his new companion.

Taking out paper, brush and ink, Xi Meng started painting the creature who was snuggling into his claimed black pillow.