Ch 2.8

Staring blankly at Wei Ran, Xi Meng, Snow and Uta can only utter one sentence.

Xi Meng/Snow/Uta: What the hell???

"Meng Meng, that man over there..."

Following his finger, they spot a man wearing a light blue robe sitting in another private booth, unlike the previous times they looked over, the curtain was drawn back exposing the man behind it.

He was sitting up properly on the chair slowly sipping tea from an expensive looking porcelain teacup.

Completely disregarding his friends shouts, Wei Ran jumped into the other man's booth and shut the curtain.

Xi Meng/Snow/Uta: What the hell???

Curious what he wanted to do, Snow proposed to spy on them. Supported by the other curious creatures, he and Uta crept outside the curtain to peer inside.

"Be careful Snow"

"Ok"

Peeking through the curtain, he saw Wei Ran holding down a man onto the seat while stroking his face.

"Hello beauty, my name is Wei Ran a notorious demonic cultivator here to whisk you away from your ordinary life"

"..."

"..."

"..."

"Does he have a screw loose in his head?"

"Probably, remember not to learn from him Raira"

"What can I learn from him?"

"... Pretend you didn't hear what I said"

Focusing back on the two people inside.

"Get off me!"

Trying to struggle against the strangers grip, he gave up after multiple failed attempts.

"What do you want"

"The question is, what do you think I want?"

Wei Ran kissed the hair he was holding in his palm.

"Would you believe me if I said... I fell in love at first sight?"

"...No"

The man's eyes seem to hold some type of sadness making people want to hug him.

"Love is something superficial, no love is forever especially love at first sight"

"If love is superficial, then I'm willing to burn this love deep into my soul"

"Now tell me"

Caressing the man's cheek, Wei Ran gave a short chaste kiss to his lips before continuing.

"If I was willing to turn this superficial love into one that I would follow reincarnation for, would you return it?"

"Would you promise to forever stay by my side? Through thick and thin forever to be with me in life and death?"

Seeing the mans weary gaze gradually softening, Wei Ran dealt his ultimate card.

"I, Wei Ran swear by the highest being in existence, to never betray the love for you. Whether it is in this life or the next to forever love only you"

A golden light encircled the two that dissipated after a few minutes.

"What?"

Watching the two, Uta and Snow could only stare shell shocked.

Gleeful, Wei Ran embraced the other man into his chest and pepper kissed his face.

"I knew it! Even the highest being supports our love! I will forever love you!"

"They actually made a soul bond"

"Yeah, that hasn't happened in hundreds of years"

The last soul bond Uta and the old Raira ever witnessed was when the two oldest creatures in the frozen abyss who were well known rivals finally solidified their love. It took over a few thousand years of affection for them to create a soul bond yet Wei Ran managed to create one with this stranger in literally ten minutes.

"What has the world turned into?"

"I don't know, maybe we've lived for too long in our home"

When Snow first entered this body, he absorbed the bodies memory of a thousand years. The loneliness of being in a cave all by himself with only Urata as company made him feel dejected.

Slithering back into their booth, he transformed into a human and silently watched the battle. When he transformed, his scales became a silver robe creating some warmth for him.

"Ne, System"

Listening to his system yawn in reply, Shuu felt a rare sense of reliance.

"Do you think love is superficial?"

"Love is just a psychological reaction humans have with what their mind deems as 'compatible'"

"So love is an untrustworthy term of emotion?"

"To beings like me, yes. To being like you, possibly not"

"Possibly not?"

"What humans deem as compatible may refer to their partners actions, appearance, personality or relationship. If your mind deems them as trustable it would be in correlation to these aspects."

"So my mind has the ability to deceive myself into thinking love is something trustworthy"

"It only depends on how you deceive yourself"

"Hmm"

Maybe being a host for so long, I've forgotten what it is that made me a greedy weak human.

Even if I try to deceive myself, I would never be able to erase the thing that got me in this situation to begin with.

Just like the people who he's taken control of

.

.

.

.

.

He was just a cannon fodder who wanted to be loved.