Ch 1.4

"Meng Meng!'"

The sudden swish and bang of the door scared Snow into an alert state. Instinctively jumping back, he tripped over the sleeping body behind him and tumbled ungracefully to the floor.

How embarrassing!

Quickly getting back up, Snow hurriedly nudged Su Meng's face to wake him up to deal with the invasive creature.

"Get out"

Half awake, Su Meng glared at He Ran. It was a rare occasion that he could sleep this peacefully yet it was ruined by this bubbly idiot.

"Aww Meng Meng you know you like me, it's still here so I guess you like it more than I thought"

Picking up Snow, he held him high in the air and twirled a few times.

"So? What's its name? What's its gender? What furniture has it destroyed? Come on tell me!"

Dizzy from the spinning, Snow cried out for Su Meng to save him.

"Awooooooo"

Snatching him back, Su Meng comforted the dizzy pup then checked the time on his phone. Noticing how late it was, he placed Snow back onto the floor and headed toward the kitchen.

Wanting to pat Snow, He Ran reached to pat him when Snow growled at him.

"Yikes, fiesty little one"

"Snow"

"Snow?"

Cooing at the cute name, He Ran reached out again but received a cold head turn.

Peeking around the counter, Snow sat watching Su Meng busy around the kitchen making something to eat.

As much as Snow did not believe in humanity, he could tell his owner was very handsome. His short black hair was neatly pushed back by him with water, from afar he looked like a perfect CEO but up close, Snow could see his real bed hair. Even without smiling, Snow could see the defined sharp curves of his face but...

Snow could see his skin was pale. More pale than a healthy male should be. His obsidian black eyes were focused on cooking but he could see how tired he looked. The glamorous front he shows seems so fake in front of the real Su Meng.

Snow's eyes never strayed from his cooking owner, his tail wagging occasionally when Su Meng moved closer to him. Damn his puppy instincts.

When Su Meng was plating the food into two different plates, Snow exited the kitchen and sat by the table, waiting to be fed.

"Aww, you even made my share Meng Meng! Thank you"

"It's Snows"

"Huh?"

Not bothering to reply, he set the plate in front of Snow and on the table. Wagging his tail, he gently rubbed Su Meng's leg then began eating.

Mouth agape, He Ran fell onto the chair whining.

"I feel so hurt! You've never even cooked for me before"

Glancing at him, Su Meng proceeded to ignore him in favour of eating.

While they were busy eating, He Ran started yammering about idle stuff.

"So did you know? Samoyeds shed twice a year, their funny little smile actually isn't them smiling, just their evolutionary trait. Also, the world record for the weight pulled by a samoyed is 337kg..."

Although not paying him any attention, Su Meng did listen to the random factoids He Ren blasted one after another.

After five minutes of rambling, he finally got to the real useful information.

"Also you won't be able to guess what happened! When I was choosing a pup only this one gave me a stink eye! It looked so much like you that I even thought it told me to shut up and leave me alone"

Humphing at He Ran, Snow who had been laying on the couch after eating howled at him.

"Awoo"

Relocating to the couches, He Ran finally began talking about real business.

"So, recently someone's been trying to disturb our companies stocks"

Snow thought it was quite novel that the bubbly man swapped from cheerful teasing to a serious threatening tone in a moment.

But as they say, great minds think alike. To sit at the top you could only have like-minded friends.

Gnawing on a cushion, Snow would not acknowledge that he was slightly envious.

"Our informant dug out the person behind it, Sheng Wan aged 24 and currently the CEO of the GIV corporate. He overtook his older siblings and inherited the company from his late father. Vicious little fledgling even completely ruined the lives of his siblings in spite"

Scrolling through the document He Ran had sent him, Su Meng noticed the current state of Sheng Wan's siblings. One brother is in prison, another brother missing, and his younger sister is in a mental hospital. Snow who was peeking at the laptop felt a sense of pity for these cannon fodder.

Remembering Su Meng also is a cannon fodder in this world, Snow bit down harder onto the cushion, puncturing it.

"Hey system"

"Hmm?"

"Isn't it ironic how the bottom line of these modern people could be so low? This world doesn't need death or power to survive yet humans still think its the only way to live happily"

"That is simply the nature of humanity, why do you think I think they're trash?"

"Anyway, what are the chances Sheng Wan would be victorious against Su Meng if he attacked him as an underleveled henchman?"

"Without plot armour, 0%. With plot armour 15% with your interference"

"Nice I like those odds. You think I can bite him too?"

"I don't see why not, just remember your tasks"

"Thanks system~ I know you added that one in for me"

"Hmm"

Snow had been half listening to the two conversing men but he wasn't human anymore, he didn't need to care about stock prices or new trends in society. Rolling onto his side, Snow began scratching at the couch's backrest.

"Aye Snows already trying to destroy your furniture"

Contemplating on what to do, Su Meng reached into the pile of dog supplies and took out a blue collar and leash.

"I'll get you a new one soon"

Su Meng's quick add-on saved him from getting the cold shoulder. A beautiful and graceful dog such as Snow wearing a classless plain blue collar? Unacceptable!

Following Su Meng to the door, the owner and pet managed to completely forget the existence of the heartbroken He Ran.

Bidding goodbye to them, He Ran left them to enjoy their walk together. The gentle breeze and the soft pitter-patter of his paws were very satisfying to listen to as they walked along the path towards a nearby park.

When they arrived, there were many other dogs playing around with their owners. Snow could see a beagle playing frisbee with his human, a labrador playing fetch with a ball, and a little pomeranian barking at anyone they passed by.

This carefree walk and observing the world around him from a different perspective was very novel. Although the dog's barking didn't sound like words to him, he understood what they meant nonetheless.

A threatening growl resounded from a dog tied to the fence at the entrance of the park. He knew it told him to dare to walk forward more. Ignoring it, Su Meng and Snow walked further away to enter the park but the dog began barking madly and broke the leash holding it down.

Now be aware, this dog was no small harmless dog. It was an adult pit bull terrier with scars across its entire body clearly indicating it was a dog fighting veteran. Startled by its attack, Snow bolted behind Su Meng seeking protection.