Ch 4.2

Twitching his nose, he tried to crawl to wherever the sweet smell of coffee was wafting from.

Fluttering his eyes open, he wondered who caged him up. The cage was fairly big, scratch that it was humongous and his body felt refreshed other then a buzzing ache in his stomach.

Little houses were built everywhere, on top of a fake tree, on the side of the cage, on the ground on top of a water pool area that was his knee length deep. If he was an idiot he'd probably think it was a forest village.

Great, I'm alone

Chewing on the bars nearly made him vomit what little trash he had in his stomach. Why the hell did hamsters like to do this!!?

Squeaking as loud as his tiny lungs could scream, he tried to get someone to come in. He didn't like the feeling of being in a cage, it made him want to kill someone.

A soft click revealed a man wearing black spectacles holding a fresh cup of coffee, his black t-shirt fit loosely on him highlighting his lazy demeanor. Being stared at by scrutinising red eyes made Shuu felt like a bird in a cage. (To be fair he was a hamster in a cage)

"Awake?"

"Squeak!"

Giving the biggest, most wettest and adorable hamster eyes he could muster, he tried to cutesy his way out of being a caged animal.

"Squeak?"

Scratching at the door, he watched as the man stared at his pitiful appearance before placing the coffee down and opening the door.

Crawling out of the cage felt very refreshing, he might've had a phobia of being locked into a sealed area, he had a feeling of not being able to run out at any time....

But why did he need to run out? There wasn't any danger or anything so why?

Being gently picked up by the man, Shuu took some time to check him up.

His unnaturally red eyes shone with a gentle light when looking at the hamster in his hands, his black hair was slicked backwards emphasizing his sharp jawline.

Looking back at his own body, he noticed his coat finally being dirt-free. His white fur glistened radiantly in the bright room, he tried reaching his claw out to touch it and felt nothing....

Guess hamsters can't feel their own fur?

Feeling a finger pat him from his head down to his short tail, he stretched out his small body laying flat on the man's hand enjoying the caress.

"Your name is Snow"

"Squeak!"

"Ne system, who's this?"

"A cannon fodder, killed out of jealousy and envy"

"Elaborate please, protagonists always have a dozen of cannon fodders"

"Lu Meng, 21 years old, same agency as the protagonist Guo Shan and same generation of rising stars"

"Oh? So how'd he die?"

"Spotlight"

"So cliche"

"Protagonists love cliche"

"Snow"

Breaking out of his reverie, Snow stared at Lu Meng's frowning face.

"Ahh~~ he's really handsome!"