Ch 1.5

The pitbulls teeth were inches away from biting into him when he felt himself being lifted off the ground. Growling back at the other dog, Snow was cradled into Su Meng's chest, cowering away.

"I'm so sorry sir!"

From afar a young 'innocent' looking lady hurried towards them. Her pink floral dress danced perfectly in the wind as if she had a live filter attached to her and her brunette hair lovingly outlined her face when she stopped in front of them.

Her honey brown eyes were filled with fake guilt, not the least bit sorry for her dog's vicious attack on Snow's cute little body.

Of course, the first day and the world's protagonist already appeared.

At this point in the timeline, Sheng Wan had already overtaken his father's company and aimed to take down Su Meng in the hopes of dominating the business world.

Blushing at Su Meng's handsome countenance, the protagonist shyly shuffled her feet exposing a sad little smile.

"Would I be able to ask what your name may be?"

Snorting at her fake attempt of 'getting to know you' which would work on anyone else because of her halo but against the villain? It was no better than a sword ramming into a metal wall.

"Control your dog, you've failed at being an owner and still dare to ask for my name."

Su Meng's cold remark left the protagonist speechless. She bit her lips trying to hold in her ugly curses at this man's audacity to chide her!

Pulling her dog's collar, she whispered into its ears and it instantly stopped attacking and cowered on the ground.

"I'm sorry sir, my name is Miyu, have you been injured?"

"The one who you should be apologizing to is Snow, not me"

Lifting Snow higher, Su Meng rested Snow on his shoulder and arrogantly sneered at Miyu.

Miyu lowered her head gritting her teeth and softly apologized. Ever since she began her acting no one dared to talk to her like this! She was supposed to be perfect and everyone moved to her beck and call!

Not wanting to face the menacing man, Miyu held the pitbulls leash tightly and tried to drag it away.

"Stop"

Taking a deep breath, Miyu turned back and showed an innocent smile.

"Is there anything else sir?"

"Compensate Snow"

Freezing at Su Meng's shameless demand, Miyu was ready to explode from the man's imprudence. Embarrassing her wasn't enough, he even wanted to talk compensation with her??

"But Coco didn't hurt your dog, what am I compensating for?'

"Emotional trauma"

"..."

Miyu dug her fingers into her palm to control her emotions. Even if she wanted to burn this man, she would never show anyone her ugly thoughts. She needed to protect the 'pure and gentle' image to trick Sheng Wan into doing her bidding.

This protagonist knew her skills alone would do nothing in the real world. She chose the easiest way to climb up the ladder and theoretically it's a genius move but Snow disdained her 'I sacrificed myself so everyone should bow to me' thoughts.

At least this protagonist is self-conscious of her uselessness.

"What kind of trauma can your dog get from a little scare?"

"Fear of walks"

To play along with his little 'I won't give up until I win' play, Snow began shivering in his embrace and whined pitifully.