New school same anxiety

Cassie stood awestruck next to Ray, mouth gaping open at the giant school in front of her. The building loomed intimidating and tall over all who crossed under its shadow. Shaped like an uppercase h with what Cassie could only assume to be more than ten different levels of classrooms and faculty offices, maybe some of them were just for decoration.

The school was closed off by thick cream colored walls adorned with the occasional crack or chipped concrete. Beyond the gates were lush green gardens and ground dotted with beautiful flowers that Cassie could feel calling out invitingly to her, begging her to sit amongst them for hours on end.

With a small squeak of newly oiled hinges, the golden gates of U.A's entrance opened for the two best friends beckoning them to step forward and embrace their new lives. Ray was the first to move from her spot at the entrance. She also hadn't needed to take the entrance exam as she had somehow gained a recommendation from the pro hero Nighteye, her mothers status in the hero world also had a hand into getting in on recommendation.

Cassie however was stuck in place, her feet seemingly glued to the ground. Fear coursed through her veins, pumping in her blood freezing it in place. What if she wasn't ready, what if she couldn't keep up with the class?

Everyone here at this school had so much potential at their fingertips, brimming with power and raw talent that had yet to be fully realized and tapped into. She could only assume there were some students here that didn't even know the full extent of their quirk. Cassie sure didn't; she was almost positive that somewhere deep inside her body some piece of her quirk lay dormant holding out for the right moment to rear its head up and show itself.

She didn't know how she knew, if she were being honest with herself it was just a gut feeling. Some inkling of power swirling around inside her. Something she couldn't quite reach being just barely out of her grasp. Like an upgrade in one of those mobile online rpg games that Cassie occasionally dabbled in during her spare time.

Ray frowned, snapping her long slender fingers in front of her pink haired friend's face. Cassie's attention was quickly brought back to reality, wind gently licking at her cheeks and exposed arms, the sun shining comfortingly down upon her small form.

Ray raised a single perfectly manicured eyebrow at her best friend silently asking if she was okay. A wide smile spread across Cassie's round freckled cheeks dusted with the smallest hint of an embarrassed blush as she rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly.

Finally able to move, Cassie stepped up next to her best friend in the entire world. Both girls gazed up at their school and then at each other nodding once in sync before beginning the short walk to U.A's large double doors quickly merging with the throngs of other students who also wished to someday become great heroes. 

Despite her excitement and first day jitters, in the back of her mind there was an inkling of paranoia as if every step she took was being watched, monitored from afar somewhere she couldn't quite find.