Teaching Todoroki about memes

Cassie sat criss crossed on her plush twin sized bed inside of the FoxRyu household across from Todoroki who looked as deadpan as normal, his eyes focused on Cassies phone that lay in his lap playing a compilation of TigTog videos that the pinkette had insisted on him watching with her.

" Should we not be using this time to train for the sports festival?" the boy asked, glancing at the girl in front of him who was laughing at a video she was showing him. Cassie settled down looking up at Todoroki with a frown.

" Is this you wanting to train or your Father?" she asked scooting over to the duel haired boy hesitantly resting her head on his shoulder tapping a painted green nail against her phone pausing the video they were watching.

Cassie smiled softly, grabbing Todoroki's hand hesitating for a second before intertwining her fingers with his, they were still testing the waters so she wanted to make sure her actions were okay.

Todoroki cleared his throat looking away so the pinkette couldn't see the small blush blooming across his pale cheeks. " I told you I have to win the sports festival. It will aid me in becoming the number one pro hero."

Cassie sighed, moving away from the boy taking her phone out of his hands as shutting it off with a small click, placing it on her bedside table. " I'll ask you again Todoroki, Is that what you want? Are you working so hard to win for your future or your father's?'' her voice was soft and worried.

Todoroki felt his heart falter as it skipped several beats at her question. Was he only working himself to the bone because of his bastard of a dad? No he wasn't, how could Cassie ask him something like that, did she think he was a puppet?

The boy stood to his feet watching Cassie's face drop, her posture slumping slightly as if she were aware of how her words confused him. " It is as I told you before. I did not come to U.A to make friends, you just so happened to show up and distract me."

He noted the way the pinkettes bright green eyes widened with hurt. " I suggest until the sports festival is over we do not interact. Once I win I will tell you how I feel towards you until then I suggest you focus on your own quirk training."

The duel haired boy marched to the door, his fists clenched at his sides. What was he doing? He had made so much progress with Cassie and their relationship. He already knew he loved her. He had known that from the moment he first met her so why was he pushing her away like this?

She wasn't a distraction why the hell did he say she was? But it was true that he had to spend as much time as he could training his quirk. He would win the sports festival to prove he was his own person and not just someone stuck in his father's shadow.

No he would win for her. He would win to prove to himself that he was strong enough to protect Cassie. He knew what he had to do and if that meant keeping the girl at arms length until he achieved his goal it was a sacrifice he was willing to make.