Dodgeball

A medium sized red rubber ball zipped past the side of Cassie's head as she just narrowly avoided being hit in the face by the oncoming projectile. Gym class was always interesting in U.A as most of the time the teachers found some way to incorporate their students' quirk training into any and all activities.

But today however the students were tasked with not using their quirks, having to rely on their strength, speed and agility alone. Most of Cassie's classmates were still in the game save for a few whom had either gotten themselves out on purpose or were immediately targeted due to potential threat levels.

In Mineta's case the 1A girls had just collectively grown tired of his stupid ball jokes and teamed up to make sure he was the first person out of the game. Maybe that would teach the grape boy how to shut his mouth.

Momo was the next person out as she had taken a rubber ball to the side for Cassie who had tripped momentarily on her own two feet. The pinkette now felt determined to win so her friend's sacrifice wouldn't be for nothing.

Yes, all the students were told to take this game as if it were a villain attack and act as if the balls flying at them were deadly. Supposedly this would help them prepare for when they inevitably had to fight against villains in the open but secretly Cassie just thought that Aizawa was done teaching them for the day.

Before she knew it she was one of the few people on her team left. Cassie used the back of her tanned hand to wipe sweat from her forehead, her long pink hair swaying slightly from side to side from its place inside of a rubber band.

Beside her stood or more so crouched a quietly panting Uraraka, who had called a time out to catch her breath. Jiro patted her back, fanning the brunette trying to be helpful. Tsu stood not too far away clutching a rubber ball in her hands waiting for the whistle to blow so she could chuck it at someone.

Mina was excitedly bouncing up and down on the balls of her feet ready to get back into the action, evidently she was the most enthusiastic about the game. It also just so happened to be that she was the most flexible of the girls due to her experience in dance. She was able to expertly contort her body, flipping and bouncing around the field as if she were a graceful ballerina.

Cassie made a mental note to ask Mina to teach her some moves, she was sure that someday it would come in handy. The whistle blew and the game started again, Tsu threw her ball smacking Sero in the shoulder before he could react resulting in him dejectedly moving off the the side of the gym to sit with the others who were no longer in the game.

Bakugo was practically fuming, he had been the girls main target other than Mineta throughout the whole game, his temper was proving to be a massive problem that needed to be taken care of lest Cassie and her team face the consequences which ranged from losing the game to quite possibly suffering an concussion.

Again another ball zipped passed Cassie's face almost brushing up against her flushed cheek. Why was Bakugo only trying to hit her? At least Cassie was trying to get his other teammates but the angry blonde only seemed focused on getting the small pinkette off the field.

Her teammates had noticed this as well and started playing into the boy's possible bloodlust using their poor teammate as bait for any of Bakugo's oncoming attacks. Honestly she wasn't really on board with their plan because Cassie didn't really want a broken bone if somehow one of Bakugou's attacks landed.

But here she was running across the gym jumping and weaving from an onslaught of rubber balls being lobbed at her. Unlike her team it seemed that Bakugo's team wasn't communicating well with their captain. It wasn't for their lack of trying, it was just that Bakugo was ignoring all their ideas to win. He was evidently chasing the idea of winning the entire game on his own.

This would be to his detriment as his opponents had a plan to use his hubris to their advantage. While Bakugo was focused on the pinkette, his teammates stood around unsure of what to do. With almost all of the balls on their side of the field the girls began gathering them up, taking out the blonde's teammates one at a time.

Bakugo was so blinded by his thirst to win that by the time he was the only person left on his team, he didn't even notice. Cassie dropped to the ground sliding across the floor allowing her teammates who were each holding a ball to gain a clear shot at the opposing team's captain.

Cassie watched in joy as Bakugo managed to dodge all but two red rubber balls that hit him square in the chest. The whistle blew and the game ended resulting in Cassie's team being crowned the winners. Bakugo had to be dragged away by his teammates, practically kicking and screaming at his loss.

Cassie bounced up and down with her team who celebrated happily together with each other. After a group hug they all began talking to each other. Cassie was cut off from making a joke about how they won by a pair of arms wrapping around her waist.

Out of the corner of her eye she could see some red and white hair. Todoroki ducked his head down to rest on one of Cassie's heaving shoulders, she was still somewhat out of breath from the game that had just ended. He smelled of mint leaves and cinder a welcoming and warm scent that Cassie had grown to be infatuated with. " That was an interesting game." The boy mumbled into Cassie's skin, his nose brushing subtly against her neck causing the girl to shiver in delight.

Todoroki kissed the pinkette's cheek before retracting his arms and walking away to discuss something with Iida and Izuku. Cassie watched him walk off a wide happy grin plastered across her blushing cheeks. She had such an amazing boyfriend.