Strawberry kisses

Cassie sits under a tree in the UA courtyard, a small basket of strawberries nestled in her lap as she happily munches down on them in momentary bliss. Since she was little she had always adored the fruit, often growing it outside of her window at the foster center in the spring.

Ray had gone out to get groceries for the week and come back with two crates of fresh strawberries for her best friend to devour. Cassie had brought a small container every day for about a week and was determined to savor every bite.

Rumors of UA building dorm rooms for the students had been spreading like wildfire recently and these rumors were fully solidified by Aizawa and Allmight showing up at the girls door early one morning to discuss them moving into said dorms.

Cassie had been highly against the idea as she wouldn't be able to room with Ray but with a little negotiating she and her best friend had broken down their teachers into letting the friends stay in the same building despite Ray being a third year.

After even more deliberation both girls would get separate rooms but could break down one of the walls to connect both rooms together on demand of an upset Ray who thought moving out in general from their large very safe house would be idiotic. Cassie was very quick to veto Ray's idea not wanting to pay for damaging the building. In the end both girls were just happy to have rooms next to each other.

Someone sat down next to the pinkette who whipped her head in the direction of the intruder only for her large green eyes to land on Todoroki who had his back leaning against the flaky bark of the oak tree they were stationed under.

A well worn book lay open in his lap and he seemed to be intently reading so Cassie shrugged, deciding to leave him alone, her heart fluttering slightly. She shoved another strawberry in her mouth, a small sound of satisfaction leaving her throat not registering the strawberry juice that dribbled from the corner of her lips as she happily chewed.

Todoroki placed his book down reaching his large hand out to run his thumb across Cassie's lip before bringing it up to his mouth and licking the strawberry juice off his finger, his bright narrow eyes staring into the pinkette's who was blushing uncontrollably.

" Strawberries are sweet." he paused for a moment as if he were thinking about what he wanted to say next. " You are sweet " he added after a few seconds of deliberation. Cassie almost died on the spot she was so flustered.

When he had told her he wanted to learn how to better express his love for the girl as he was still rather new to the construct of romantic relationships Cassie hadn't really thought about it much. She loved the boy in front of her no matter how awkward or cold he could be.

She hadn't realized how charming he would end up being whilst expressing his affection going so far past her expectations that Cassie sometimes wondered if she were dreaming. She sat forward placing her basket of strawberries next to Todoroki's book.

Her smaller hands pressed against Todoroki's face as she smiled up at him to which he returned all be it his smile was a lot less noticeable but she knew he was happy and that's all the confirmation that she would ever need.

" I got lucky, half the school is in love with you Todoroki." Cassie mumbled looking down at her lap, sighing before turning her attention back to the boy. " I don't know what life will throw at us but I promise to stand by your side through it all."

She watched Todorki's shoulders slump and for a second Cassie thought she had said something wrong, that was until the duel haired boy pulled the pinkette into his arms resting his chin on her head.

" I love both you and your scars, not despite them." Cassie whispered looking up at Todoroki as she pointed to his broad chest " both these ones." she poked at his heart through his uniform blazer, a smile tugging at her lips as she noted Todoroki's confusion.

" And this one." Cassie gently trailed her fingers up Todoroki's face tracing the outline of his burn scar leaving a trail of small kisses that followed her finger. She could almost feel the boy's heartbeat pick up and she watched as his eyes widened a fraction, his cheeks almost tinting a soft pink.

His hold on her tightened as the duel haired boy lowered his head brushing his nose with Cassie's as he stared intently into her wide green eyes. " I have always been told that I am attractive despite my scars." Todoroki sounded somewhat melancholy as he spoke. " I've never felt at peace with my burns until you came into my world, so thank you Cassie." The boy whispered to the pinkette who blushed bright red.

Cassie was just about to make a sarcastic remark about societal beauty standards and the objectification of people's looks when it came to being a hero, but she was stopped before she could even get a word out as Todoroki brushed his lips against hers. The pinkette's breath caught in her throat as she leaned in closer pressing her body against his as the two kissed.