staging an attack

Cassie bit the inside of her cheek as she waved bye to her boyfriend, leaving him with a quick kiss and a whispered promise to stay safe as they were split up. Todoroki was following his dad and several other classmates to evacuate citizens from the nearby city of Gunga valley while Ray and Cassie were stationed on the front lines with a bunch of other heroes as well as Tokoyami and Denki who were seemingly very on edge.

Today was the day of the  Meta Liberation raid. All of the people involved knew the plan, find Shigaraki and his team and captured them alive for questioning. That was their main objective, but not Cassie's.

Cassie wanted answers to her own questions, it was clear the light blue haired villain knew things about her that the girl herself didn't even know and Cassie wanted to figure out what those things were.

She was in her natural element that was probably why she was placed so close to the front lines, she could feel each and every plant, tree and flower in the surrounding forest and this let Cassie feel safe and protected, she would make it out of here and when she did she would be reunited with her other friends and most of all with Todoroki.

The attack began with the mansion the liberation was using as a base being blown up, villains flying everywhere from the explosion that had been produced by Ray's quirk. Blue energy courses around the rubble before dissipating as Ray's dragon tail swishes gracefully through the air, her body glowing faintly with dark blue energy that silhouetted her features.

Denki countered an electric villains quirk, and the heroes took their chances to charge in a unified attack. Things seemed to be going very well, a little too well to say the least. Cassie ducked, avoiding a blow to the face, controlling a tree branch nearby to shoot out and send the person attacking her backwards.

Around the girls' respective location were dozens of tied up villains writhing around their constraints made of thick thorny vines that tightened with each movement. A voice in her head alerted her that Tokoyami had found the giant that the heroes were warned about. It currently right underneath them and was sitting docile awaiting commands from Shigaraki.

A few of the heroes suggested that Cassie block him off from getting above ground via the communication link Mandalay had created using her quirk but Cassie was quick to explain how her earth manipulation wasn't strong enough for her to pull off a trick like that yet.

Sadly they had run out of chatting time as the ground began to rumble. From the corner of her eye Cassie could see her best friend giving her a look as she punched a villain in the face, sending him crashing into the ground several feet away.

Ray was silently asking the pinkette if the shaking earth was her doing but Cassie shook her head signaling that she wasn't the one causing the earthquake, if it weren't for the gravitational rings on her boots Cassie would have been knocked to the ground by this point and she wasn't dumb enough to make the whole ass battle field harder to fight on just to rattle the opposing forces.

A loud boom echoed through the clearing and both girls' eyes widened as Tokoyami's voice rang through their ears as he panicked. ' shit the giant is awake and moving we need to get out of here now, the main targets aren't in the building and most of the villains have been captured.'

Tokoyami booked it back out to the others followed by Fatgum and an injured Hawks who was being carried by his own student.

Cassie and Ray made eye contact nodding in sync. The blue haired girl kicked a few more villains in the gut for good measure before dashing over to Cassie, her body glowing for a second before large dragon wings sprouted from her back.

The pinkette reached out to her best friend grabbing her hand and being yanked off the ground. Ray flew relatively close to the forest so Cassie could use her quirk still and from the corner of both girls eyes they could see the looming form of a giant vaguely humanoid creature arising from a thick cloud of smoke caused by the ground breaking apart. He stood stock still for only a few brief seconds almost like he was waiting for instructions before he took off in a mad dash towards the city.

Cassie gasped, noticing a large radio hanging from the things neck. " Ray Hawks said it only listens to Shigaraki's orders so that means- " Ray nodded her head, her mouth twisted into a thin line of grim recognition.

" That means we're out of time and Endeavor's team failed.'' Ray whispered to her best friend who suddenly felt a surge of fear run through her body for the first time the whole fight. The whole point was to find him before his quirk modifications were done.

Hawk's had mentioned to the heroes that Shigaraki was being held somewhere and undergoing a process of quirk transferring while in a cryostasis state. It would be safest for the hero's to find the doctor who was incharge and take both of them in while they were weak. Ray had wanted to find the doctor herself but the higher ups wouldn't let her, maybe things would have turned out different if they had.

" It means that Shigaraki is awake. " Cassie confirmed her voice getting lost in the wind.