Join me

Aizawa lay on the ground bloody and broken, possibly dead from the looks of it. Cassie whimpered, everything in her being was telling her to jump in and help. But Todoroki had instructed her to stay hidden and to not intervene.

He had left her to slowly slink his way over to their classmates so he could provide backup until help came leaving Cassie all alone. She watched the boy duck behind a big rock powering up his quirk ready to fire off an ice attack if needed.

Once Cassie was sure that Todoroki couldn't see her she sprung into action. The blue haired villain stood in front of several medium sized trees that were placed as decoration around the usj.

From her hiding spot Cassie extended her gloved hands using her quirk to connect with the trees slowly extending their branches out towards the villain. His focus was on her classmates so this would be her only chance to strike.

In a flash the tree's roots broke through the ground, extending at breakneck speed, entangling the villain and ripping his arm away from her terrified friends. This caught the man by surprise and his head shot in her direction, even from her hiding spot she could feel his blood red eyes lock onto hers.

The pinkette shivered as she worked. Restraining the flailing villain wasn't too hard as he didn't seem physically strong, what she should have accounted for was his quirk. She had watched him disintegrate something with just his hand but she didn't fully understand how.

The villain swiveled his hand towards the tree slamming his palm against one of the roots that were restraining him. Before Cassie had a chance to break the connection forged between her and the tree her quirk was manipulating, the whole thing crumbled into a pile of dust that was swept away in the wind.

Cassie gasped clutching her left hand to her heart as pain shot through her body in waves. This was a drawback to her quirk, when controlling nature the pinkette had to forge a connection. Until she stopped using her quirk, once a connection was made she could feel what her plants felt, albeit the pain she received if her plants were hurt was far less than the initial pain they felt.

Clutching her chest Cassie lost her balance toppling sideways into the view of the infuriated blue haired villain, who advanced on her fallen form as she fought back the urge to pass out from the searing pain that enveloped Cassie like a blanket.

Slowly she raised her head glaring at the villain with gritted teeth blood dripping from the corner of her lips. The blue haired man stood in front of her studying the girl with a mixture of malice and respect.

" You caught me by surprise, I'll give you that little girl but now I think I'll have to kill you. '' His voice was like nails on a chalkboard, high and grating. Cassie sneered up at him, only wincing slightly as his long pale fingers reached down grabbing a fistful of her pink hair, jerking the girl up to her feet and tilting her head up to face him.

" The only thing you have to do is drink some damn tea, you sound terrible " Cassie shot back with a bloody grin. A growl erupted from the villain's throat and he tugged on her hair again. " Feisty, I like that. You should join me, little girl. We need more people like you on our side." His red eyes scanned her face, a twisted smile forming on his chapped lips.

Cassie pretended to gag, waiting until the man's face was only inches away from hers before she mustered up all her courage, and spit blood on his face. " Over my cold, dead body asshole " catching the villain by surprise, he dropped her in disgust, wiping his face angrily.

The moment the girl hit the ground, she dashed away aiming to rejoin her classmates who were still huddled together by the water. She had almost reached them when the man said something that froze the pinkette in place.

" You're just like your father, you conniving, insufferable, little bitch!" He yelled in anger, haterade radiating off him in almost visible waves. Cassie's blood ran cold as his words echoed in her head. You're just like your father.