Memory lane 4

" I don't like him." Ray crossed her arms over her chest, sitting criss crossed on her bed across from Cassie who was practically glowing with happiness. Two weeks had passed and Shoto had visited the foster center almost every day without fail.

Sometimes he would come alone while other times he would be accompanied by his older siblings and once or twice he had show up with his father. Cassie quickly found out that she really didn't like Todoroki's dad, she found him rude and scary.

"He's the son of the number 2 hero, he's obviously being forced to come here, probably to make his dad look like a better person or something." The blue haired girl rubbed her temples in frustration trying to knock some sense into her friend. " I know but even if he is, I'll enjoy our time together until he eventually stops coming to see us. " Cassie smiled reassuringly.

Ray frowned but nodded her head. If Cassie really was this happy over making a new friend then the least Ray could do was support her. Besides that fact, Ray was quick to notice that her friend seemed a lot happier than she was before she had met this boy. If there was one thing she felt other than irritation towards Todoroki Shoto it was gratitude.

Cassie had been in a slump for quite some time and Ray was beginning to grow worried but now she was obviously doing better. If he was the reason she was so happy then the blue haired girl could tolerate the young boy and his aggravating older brothers, she didn't exactly hate the duel haired boy's sister at least she was quiet unlike the other two.

Just as the two finished their admittedly one sided conversation, Cassie hadn't really left much up for debate, the front door to the center opened allowing 4 people to step inside, the very four people Cassie had taken a strong liking to.

Cassie's green eyes sparkled as she ran up to greet the siblings with a big smile. " Sho you came back!" the girl squealed happily, grabbing the little boy's hands intertwining his fingers with her own.

The duel haired boy bobbed his head up and down once, letting the rowdy pinkette drag him towards her room as Ray trailed quietly behind the two. Cassie threw open her door a few passing children shooting the girl cold glares which resulted in Ray glaring right back at them causing the other kids to scatter like mice running from a cat.

Shoto observed the other kids with a calculating eye, a frown ever so slightly present on his lips, eyebrows furrowed in agitation. All three kids filed in the room Ray closing the door behind her with a loud '' tsk "

Cassie hopped on her bed and Shoto sat next to her, glancing at Ray who slammed her body into her heavily cushioned bed across from the pinkette's. Cassie smiled not even batting an eye at her friend's frustration, She was used to it.

" I'm so happy you came back Sho!" Cassie swiveled her body to face the boy on the foot of her bed. Shoto felt a pang in his heart, she said this every time his family came over to volunteer. The boy got up off the bed to stand in front of Cassie, taking her small hands in his.

" I'll alway come back for you." He promised with a tiny reassuring smile to which the pinkette returned. Shoto liked her smile, it filled him with a sense of comfort. The boy wanted to protect that smile for as long as he could.