Memory lane 5

Baking a cake alone isn't as fun as baking a cake with friends. Cassie stood proudly on her tiptoes staring at the large oven in the foster center's kitchen, small chubby child face pressed up against the glass as she excitedly watched her cake bake.

Shoto stood next to the small girl albeit a respectful distance away from the hot oven, not staring at the cake but at Cassie with fondness. Even if he had initially objected to volunteering at the foster center he had quickly come to appreciate and enjoy his near daily visits.

For once maybe his father wasn't completely in the wrong, the boy thought to himself the smallest of smiles creeping onto his face. It took quite a bit of bargaining for the boy to be able to go to the foster system center as much as he did.

But to the young boy the pinkette was worth having to train longer. He could handle it if it meant he could continue to bask in her bright sunny personality. Shoto Todoroki didn't care if he was '' wasting his potential " as his father ever so aggressively put it. He didn't care at all.

He never believed in soulmates, what six year old child did? The fairytales his mother read to him every night were mere works of fiction. As his parents had proved countless times, one didn't have to be in love to marry.

The duel haired boy didn't need love or a companion. He didn't care if he had no friends, he wasn't allowed to anyways. But then he found her, alone in the snow freezing to death for the sole reason of wanting to be with nature.

She had smiled at him and the boy had felt his heart melt. He wondered if this is what love at first sight felt like. But he was too young to fully understand just how much he would do to protect her from the harsh world.

Powder sugar dusted her cheeks like snow catching todoroski hederocromadic eyes. Reaching out his small hand he brushed the sugar from her skin making eye contact with the green eyed fairy of a girl.

He watched as her skin went from a sickly pale, which was a result of obvious mistreatment from the foster center although none of the kids who lived there would ever admit it, flush a light pink.

The boy felt his heart beat increase and quickly he jerked his hand away from Cassie's face muttering a small, barely audible " Sorry. " The pinkette at a loss for words just nodded her head in acknowledgment quickly going back to watch the oven.

Was this what being in love felt like?