Todoroki's love for Cassie

Todoroki sat next to Cassie on the hospital bed, a chapter book propped up in his right hand as his left was holding a sleeping Cassie against his side wrapped up in a warm blanket. Her head was nestled in the crook of his shoulder, her soft breaths fanning across his neck.

Her body was still recovering its strength so Todoroki had made her classmates leave some time ago and now it was just the two of them and Recovery girl who would pop out of her office from time to time to check in on the pinkette.

The dual haired boy flipped a page running his fingers through Cassie's long hair gently. He had never been one to express physical affection but he was trying his hardest to be someone that Cassie deserved to be with.

He had gotten advice from some of the girls in class and even gone to his sister for help. Todoroki had a whole plan to ask the girl out officially as soon as the sports festival was over but that would have to wait until Cassie was better.

Yayarozu had been pitching in as well, helping him get the perfect date together for the elf-like girl. She had offered to take him to the mall to buy her a gift that weekend and Todoroki was planning to buy Cassie a promise ring. Yayarozu had mentioned that promise rings were often used to signify lasting relationships and as the name implied a promise to love the owner of the ring unconditionally. And Todoroki already knew that no matter how hard he tired he would never not love Cassie

He had loved her from the first time they met eyes, the first time she smiled at him, full of so much life and wonder. She was always there when he needed someone to listen, to patch him up after a long day of training his quirk.

She had her flaws obviously, she was reckless and a little clueless, prideful and hyperactive with a tendency to butt heads with people she didn't like, but that was all balanced out by her overwhelming positivity and joy. Most people would assume he would be interested in someone like Yayarozu but he honestly thought she was rather plain, yes she was wealthy and all in all a good person but she wasn't Cassie.

Todoroki also knew that Cassie had an affinity for attracting those who were around her and he had a sneaking suspicion that several people in 1A had also taken a liking to the bubbly pinkette namely Midoriya and possibly even Yayarozu from the way she looked at Cassie during training.

He was never one to get jealous but he really did want to make things official between him and Cassie as soon as possible. It had been several months and he was finally sure about how he felt and what he wanted to do. He had already proven that he was his own person and now he felt confident in his ability to protect Cassie from his bastard of a father.

Todoroki brushed Cassie's hair through his fingers a few more times, a small gentle smile spreading across his face as he watched the Pinkette slowly begin to wake up, her bright green eyes cracking open as she let out a tired yawn.

Craning her head up Cassie made eye contact with Todoroki smiling happily up at him to which he once more returned all be it much more subtly. " Thank you for staying with me Todoroki." the girl whispered, rubbing her eyes, stretching her arms out as she yawned.

" Hello Cassie, I have brought you some food would you like me to get if for you?'' the boy asked fondly to which Cassie shook her head, tugging at his uniform sleeve pouting. " No just stay here with me for a little bit longer please." she whispered softly cheeks flushing red in embarrassment, Todoroki was happy to oblige.