Take the medicine

" No I don't wanna. " Cassie huffed her arms crossed over her chest, trapping the plush blanket wrapped around her shoulders in place as a makeshift cloak to keep herself warm. Her hands attempted and failing miserably to push the spoonful of cough medicine Todoroki was hovering in front of her face, a look of annoyance and worry painting his beautiful face.

He and Ray, despite not being on the best of terms, their personalities tended to mix about as well as oil and water, had decided to put aside their differences to take care of Cassie who was proving to be exceptionally stubborn even in her sickly state.

The two teens had been switching periodically throughout the day in order to both watch over the pinkette and still get school work done, as of current it was Todoroki's turn to handle the troublesome girl who stood in front of him cocooned in a heated blanket he had brought over for her, it was sufficient to say Cassie liked the blanket very much as she refused to be parted from it claiming that she would get cold without it.

Todoroki sighed running a hand through his already slightly disheveled hair silently wishing Cassie would pass out so he could just chuck the medicine down her throat and not have to deal with her exaggerated gagging noises.

Ray had given up on getting the pinkette to swallow her medicine calling Todoroki in to take her place a little bit early so the blue haired girl could go try and find something that her friend would actually willingly consume without causing a fuss.

The boy was quick to note how she behaved like an unhappy toddler when she was sick, normally he would think this was cute but right now he really just wanted Cassie to take her god damn medication that she absolutely needed to get better.

A lightbulb went off in Todoroki's head and he moved the spoon away from the girls bringing it to his lips, tipping the contents of the spoon into his mouth where he held it. Gently his arms encircled Cassie pulling her too his chest which she stumbled into with a small " oof "

The duel haired boy gently but with a bit of push lifted up Cassie's head making eye contact with her before ducking his head down to meet her in a gentle kiss. Cassie's eyes widened her cheeks exploding red in embarrassment and Todoroki was quick to use her confusion to transfer the medicine from his mouth to hers.

He had to hand her one thing, the liquid really did taste terrible, and he felt a little bad for forcing her to take it even though he knew it was for her own good. Cassie gulped down the medicine making a noise of displeasure although she was too distracted to make much more of a complaint, her attention fixed on Todoroki who was staring down at her making sure she wouldn't spit the medicine out.

When he was sure she had swallowed it, he smiled softly at her, pecking her nose affectionately. " That wasn't so hard was it?" his teasing words didn't exactly read through his expression but Cassie knew he really was trying to be more expressive around her.

Cassie pouted, puffing out her cheeks and sticking out her tongue in mock disgust. " No, that wasn't fair, I want a real kiss." She whined softly tugging at her unconfirmed boyfriend's sleeve begging for him to kiss her again silently. Not only did she act more childish when sick she also tended to be a bit more clingy and pouty, this was something both Ray and Todoroki were quick to find out upon spending an excessive amount of time nursing the pinkette back to full health.

Todoroki was quick to give in, pulling her back into his arms once more pressing his warm lips to hers. The kiss was soft and sweet exactly what Cassie had needed to keep her head in the game. Now that she had received what the girl deemed to be a suitable amount of attention she could now allow herself to fall back asleep for an extended period of time.

The week consisted of much of the same routine, Ray making the food and buying the medicine while Shoto took on the tedious task of giving Cassie her meds, making sure she ate enough of the food Ray had given her and getting the girl to sleep. At least both could say that taking care of the pinkette was never boring.