Training camp

" The Wild wild pussycats!'' Cassie and Izuku cheered as the bus carrying the students of class 1A to their training camp came closer and closer to their final destination. The chatter on the bus was loud enough that both friends could geek out without the blonde firecracker behind them protesting much and they were using their time to the fullest.

Todoroki who sat next to Cassie was listening to her and Izuku's conversation quietly, occasionally joining in to make a comment on what the two were discussing. Cassie was leaning her head against her tall boyfriend's shoulder, eyes gleaming happily in pure delight.

The bus was lively just as it had been for the classes trip to the USJ, with Iida shouting at Aoyama to sit down in his seat across from Cassie and Shoto, Denki asking if they could play music and a few of the girls talking about what might happen when they got to the camp.

Cassie looked down at her chest staring at the necklace that she had on. Todoroki had given it to her several weeks prior when he had officially asked her to be his girlfriend. Of course she said yes. The small pure silver chain sat proudly against her tanned skin and glimmering in the sunlight reflecting off the buses windows. Momo had gone out of her way to help him pick out the necklace and Cassie had happily thanked her friend for helping Todoroki.

The bus came to a stop in a clearing and all the students confusedly filed out upon order of Aizawa who made a Beeline to some pros that stood nearby. Cassie grabbed Todoroki's hand bouncing on the balls of her feet in pure excitement. " Shoto look its the Wild wild pussycats!'' she gasped happily to which the boy just nodded his head smiling softly down at the pinkette.

" Listen up! This is your stop, from here on out you will be making your way to camp on foot!" One of the Pussycats stepped forward and Cassie was quick to identify her as Mandalay. " You have until noon to get there otherwise you will miss out on lunch."

Most of her classmates made a break for the bus and Cassie just watched them in confusion. What did they think the bus would do to help them in the forest? " Sorry ladies and gentlemen but training camp has already begun." Aizawa stated as the ground began to shake under the students feet.

Cassie stumbled forwards only to find a pair of strong arms wrapped protectively around her waist. Todoroki braced his feet as the ground started to crumble away around them, several of Cassie's friends falling back and out of sight down the cliff.

Cassie's excitement vanished as her feet left the ground and the next thing she knew, she and Todoroki were knocked over the side of the cliff spiraling into a freefall. Cassie gasped, squeezing her eyes shut and pouring her energy into the soft dirt at the bottom of the cliff, feeling the energy of nearby plants and trees swirling inside of her.

Long tendrils of grass shot upwards wrapping around her and her classmates slowing their fall and bringing each of them gently to the ground. Well most of them at least, Cassie hadn't bothered to save Mineta nor the people who had already hit the ground.

Cassie smiled, realizing that Todoroki still hadn't let her go and was currently checking her over to see if she had sustained any injury. " Are you unharmed Cassie?'' the dual haired boy asked, her lips turning down into a slight frown. Cassie nodded her head gently kissing his knuckles watching as the tension left Todoroki's body.

" Is everyone okay?'' Cassie asked, breaking away from Todoroki's arms to check on her classmates. The ones who were feeling well enough to respond let out a chorus of conformations and a few thank yous. From above them Mandalay peered down cupping her hands to her mouth. " Oh yeah by the way it's called the Beast Forest for a reason!''

As if on cue Mineta let out a scream of fear as a large creature made of what looked like tightly packed earth emerged from the treelines. Before Cassie could so much as take a step forward to help, although honestly she would have probably just let Mineta get slapped around for a little bit before interviewing, Izuku had sprung into action much to her evident disappointment, scooping up Mineta and rolling to the side narrowly avoiding the large creature's paw that tried to bat the two students out of the air.

Shoto was the next to spring into action sending a large ice attack from his left side freezing the creature in place as Bakugo launched himself at the monster with a loud " Die!" Breaking the creatures earthen body apart with ease.

More and more creatures poured from the woods as Cassie and her classmates dashed through the trees to get to the center of the camp. Cassie ducked, gritting her teeth and extending her arm, forcing a large tree's roots to burst from the ground and crush what looked to be a giant lizard that Sero had taped down.

As they neared the camp Cassie felt something building inside of her. One final creature stepped in front of her and Sero who had been split up from the rest of the class. " Sero wait! I want to try something!'' Cassie called out dodging an attack and slamming her palms against the earthen creature's body the second it's restrained by Sero's tape.

Cassie closed her eyes attempting to tap into the small well of power inside of her that she had been trying to free for years. At first nothing happened. " Um Cassie what are you doing that thing is not friendly." Sero began to protest but the pinkette was quick to shut him up with strained " Sero if you want to get to the camp in one piece then for the love of god let me focus."

After several tense seconds that felt like an eternity and a rapidly building headache that had her shaking, the creature began to shake, the sound of compact earth being ground together filling Cassie's ears along with an annoying ringing sound, as she gritted her teeth pushing more energy into her hands.

When her eyes had opened the creature had crumbled away to small chunks of earth. Experimentally Cassie touched one of the chunks and watched in delight as it rose up above the ground ever so slightly before crashing back down.

Sero stood there in shock, his mouth gaping open. " Dude, Fox san what was that?" he asked in surprise and admiration. Cassie beamed at her classmate feeling her exhaustion kicking in slowly. " I think... I think I just unlocked my quirks full potential." She paused as her body began to sway. " I have also come to the conclusion that my body will soon shut down from exhaustion so lets hurry." She added after she regained her balance.

After finally reaching the camp and getting their food each of the students were sent to their designated training area. Cassie had explained to Aizawa about the new aspect of her quirk and now she was busy trying to control and manipulate the earth itself instead of just the plants.

Slowly but surely over the next week she got better and soon enough she was able to cause minor earthquakes but only for a few minutes. Cassie quickly found out her limit, while she could use her plants for most of the day she was only able to manipulate and control the earth for about ten minutes a day.

Aizawa had told her that eventually she would be able to build up energy to use it for even longer but for the most part Cassie was just happy to have found a new technique. Her experience at camp was enjoyable, in her little free time she got, she spent it talking to Todoroki and her friends about their training, and cooking delicious meals each night. She was quick to learn that Todoroki was not the best in the kitchen but he tried the best he could.

She was so happy that she was almost able to completely ignore the feeling of being followed and watched every time she went into the woods for her training. Maybe she should have paid more attention to her instincts.