No longer sick

Cassie bounded into class, her chest heaving from a mix of laughter and terrified screaming, Ray hot on her trail chasing after her friend who had decided that watching the blue haired dragon girl flirting with Mirio was boring and thus wanted to spice things up by popping up beside Ray and declaring that " I know you guys like each other you should kiss already.''

At least they both now knew about their shared feelings and would officially start dating so Cassie figured Ray would calm down eventually. Class 1A was normally very lively so not many of Cassie's classmates paid the commotion any mind.

Cassie vaulted her body over Aizwawa's desk trying to slow her friend down instead she crashed into Ojirio's desk who luckily enough hadn't yet sat down. The pinkette topped over the desk knocking it to the ground with a loud noise of surprise.

Before her body could come into contact with the hard classroom floor a pair of arms wrapped around her yanking the girl upright, her feet dangling a few inches off the ground. Cassie looked up to apologize then thank whoever caught her, only for her voice to catch in her throat.

Todoroki frowned down at the girl, an eyebrow cocked as if he were silently judging her. " That wasn't smart, go around next time or else you might hurt yourself." he stated his face betraying his monotone voice as his eyes crinkled into a barely visible smile.

Ray was doubled over in the doorway wheezing from laughing too hard at her friend's misfortune. Todoroki looked from one girl to the other assessing the situation at hand. His arms squeezed tighter around Cassie's waist caging her body against his, lowering his head to rest on top of hers as he stared at Ray who was quick to stare back.

Both seemed to be trying to intimidate each other, holding a very intense staring contest of sorts. " I think Cassie is fine now, she doesn't need you hanging off of her." Ray growled stepping into the room effectively silencing the rest of the class who now watched in confusion and concern wondering if a fight was about to break out and if so what they should do about it.

Cassie chuckled awkwardly wriggling around in Shoto's arms but he didn't let her go let alone loosen his hold on her. " I think that you should stop chasing Fox around. You're the reason she acted so illogically and almost got herself hurt." Shoto fired back with just a much venom in his voice, if not a little bit more, which surprised Cassie enough to make her stop squirming and look up at him in confusion to make sure he wasn't actually mad.

The pinkette gulped Todoroki may not have been angry but he was clearly displeased and that in itself was scary, but also strangely attractive. Cassie shook her head rapidly from side to side, quietly telling her brain to shut up just once.

Both fighting teens looked down at Cassie wondering what the hell she was doing. Cassie stopped and cleared her throat to speak but Ray was quick to interrupt. " Oh yeah? If that's how you wanna play Mr. scared to use your fire lets fucking go I'll beat your ass how bout you stop squeezing the life out of my best friend she might get hurt asshole." Ray advanced on the boy who didn't flinch, obviously not intimidated by the blue haired girl's threats.

Cassie however was very intimidated, and they weren't even talking to her. A shiver went down Cassie's spine as she registered the tell tale signs of her best friend's quirk powering up. The power percentage level on the specially made tag earrings that Ray's mother made her to monitor her quirks energy levels were rapidly rising as the argument grew more heated not to mention the way Ray was balling her fists, soft blue light emitting  from her clenched hands. Cassie knew if she didn't step in soon someone would end up in Recovery Girl's office and at this rate she wasn't sure who, Todoroki, Ray or quite possibly herself.